Atari 2600 media pc, Mini ATX? (1 Viewer)

Folkfan

Portal Member
November 17, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello folks. Just started planning my new HTPC. (any one interested in my currant set up look here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13148).

The idea is to use an atari 2600 boddy as the case. I am also hoping to be able to save some space buy running emulators via the myemulator plugin, as my console colection is starting to take over my appartment. I am also thinking a usb decoder ( but mounted internaly). I've never used one of those so I am not sure how good they are.

I want to use a mini ATX board to make life a little simpler, pasive cooling and as much on board as possible, because I have a feeling I wont have much room for pci cards once its all in.

Any one out there bult a media pc with a mini board? Will I be able to get one with enough power to run MP and a host of emulators (they take alot of processing power)?

Any help would be great.

I'll post some pics as soon as my 2600 arives.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Take a look at this board, it is cheaper than the Commell -677 (I have mentioned that one before) and more powerful.

Here are a brief rundown of its specs:
    Form Factor: Mini-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Pentium 4, Intel Celeron D
    Number of CPU: 1
    CPU Socket: LGA 775
    Front Side Bus Frequency: 533, 800, 1066 MHz
    Chipset: Intel G965
    VGA Controller: Integrated with Chipset (I don't know if it has enough GPU power)
    Ethernet Controller: 2xMarvell 88E8053 10/100/1000Mbps
    Audio (Audio Controller): ALC883

Folkfan

Portal Member
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply

That looks pretty good. Might be a bit out of my budget though. Actualy I am sick of constantly using cheap/old hardware. Maybe this time I should fork out for some decent stuff. Would be disapointing if the graphics wherent up to scratch though.
    I'll do some more research.

I was planing to use an external psu, but so far I've only been able to find expensive overcocker type things. Anyone seen any cheaper solutions?

Folkfan

Portal Member
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Just looked at the dater sheet it got G965 GMA X3000, which, as far as I can tell, kicks ass.

Would I be right in thinking this is some kind of industrial board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom