ati 650hd pcie no signal tvcard (1 Viewer)

iiipm

Portal Member
April 28, 2011
MediaPortal Version: current
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: win 7 64bit enterprise
CPU Type: e8500 intel
HDD: 2 500gig
Memory: 4gigs pc3 2ghz
Motherboard: msi p45
Video Card: nvidia gtx260 core 16
Video Card Driver:nvidia current
Sound Card: creative xfi
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: ati hd 600 pcie
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: ati current release
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: air antec skeleton case
Power Supply: zalman 700 watt
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

iiipm

Portal Member
April 28, 2011
I just installed and followed the hybrid set up but i get no signal when i try to scan for channels help please.
card does work in windows media center but media center does not get QAM channels.
I can not get any signal to be able to scan for channels

iiipm

Portal Member
April 28, 2011
I have tried everything and still can not get a signal to my card since the us is digital only can i just uncheck the analog device and only use the digital. also is ony one out there using the ati650hd with windows 7 enterprise 64bit i could really use some help I have fought with this damn thing for 3 days with no luck

iiipm

Portal Member
April 28, 2011
ok i have an idea what is wrong but i dont know how to fix it. I did not get the mysql database asking for a pasword for me to start is this skipped in win 7 or can I go back in and manually start it ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

The problem with picking up channels will have nothing to do with MySQL. Please post *all* your TV Server logs (including tv.log and error.log) from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

So first things first: if you don't intend to use the analog parts of your card then there is no need to set them up as hybrid. That will just cause complication and potential pain for you. Assuming that is the case, delete the hybrid cards (go to the hybrid card list, right click, delete... for each one). You can also disable (untick) the analog tuners themselves if you really want to, but technically that is not necessary.

If you do actually intend to use the analog side of the card then I highly recommend that the first thing you do is to uninstall 1.1.3 and install 1.2.0b. The improvements for analog tuners, especially analog tuners with software encoders like yours are very worthwhile in my opinion. If you don't want to do that then I will have to give you a patch to allow the ATI AVIVO software encoders to be recognised.

Once that is sorted we can tackle ATSC/QAM tuning. It looks like you're scanning the wrong frequencies to me:

Code:
    2011-04-30 13:59:56.797675 [(17)]: atsc:Tune:ATSC:tv:  [B]Freq:135[/B] ONID:-1 TSID:-1 SID:-1 PMT:0xFFFFFFFF FTA:False LCN:10000 phys:1 maj:-1 min:-1 mod:Mod256Qam 
    2011-04-30 14:00:03.146886 [(17)]: atsc:Tune:ATSC:tv:  [B]Freq:73250[/B] ONID:-1 TSID:-1 SID:-1 PMT:0xFFFFFFFF FTA:False LCN:10000 phys:2 maj:-1 min:-1 mod:Mod256Qam

I have no idea where you live so I don't know what the frequencies that you need to scan are, but they won't be 135 or 73250...

iiipm

Portal Member
    April 28, 2011
    Thank you very much
    I live in Lubbock Texas USA and you are correct analogue is a dead item here all tv went digital last year
    I have removed the hybrid and unchecked the analogue tuner in my server set up all that shows now is

atsc ati bda digital tuner
    radio stream ( which i dont understand I dont have a radio in this card )

thank you very much for your help

the signal I am trying to get is from my local cable co Suddenlink cable, it is all digital now

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you very much
    No problem. :)

radio stream ( which i dont understand I dont have a radio in this card )
    There is more information about that here. Basically it allows you to stream radio channels from websites like SHOUTcast...

the signal I am trying to get is from my local cable co Suddenlink cable, it is all digital now
    Okay, well I'm not sure how successful I'm going to be in helping you further than this. In NZ we just have over-the-air (DVB-T) and satellite (DVB-S) broadcasts. The terminology (ATSC, QAM, cable) is quite confusing for someone like me.

So first, these are the channels you're after?

I'm guessing that if you're after free ("clear QAM") cable channels you should tick the "tune QAM instead of ATSC" option. After that, I'm not sure which set of frequencies you should choose. I've tried Googling, but it just isn't clear what standard Suddenlink uses in your area. You might have to try all of them until you find one that "works". Don't give up after just a few frequencies though. Let TV Server scan all the frequencies for one standard (for example "QAM Standard") that it knows about, and then try the next set of frequencies (for example "QAM HRC") if nothing is found. Try all the standards if you have to. It will be a little time-consuming, but it will be worth it once you get things working. I'll be interested to know how you get on...

iiipm

Portal Member
    April 28, 2011
    the problem i am having is there is no signal coming from my card at all for it to scan. I have tried every configuration i can find and nothing ever gets a signal to come from the card to the program so i can start the scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom