ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Finally :D

Still not perfect but a good thing indeed. DXVA 2.0 is Vista 7 Windows 7 only. Also ATI really needs to help us to solve the flickering issue (or fix their drivers if that is the real cause, since no other GPUs are affected). After that it will get video side par with Nvidia (and ATI has advantage on audio side already).

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ECELLENT!!!

Finally ATI is picking up the ball they dropped. It only took ~8 months of complaining ;-)
    My preyer has been heard. If this works, ATI will be the no1 card again for HTPC users... :)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is the link for the Catalyst 10.5 preview driver. I will try it out. It only runs with Radeon 4xxx/5xxx cards, so Radeon 3200-users should upgrade.

EDIT: I just tested MPC-Homecinema. You just have to disable the DXVA-check within the decoder (also: "SAR only"). You don't have to install those 10.5 preview-drivers. It already runs fine with the 10.4 preview-driver ATI offers. I tested some 1080P-MKV with more than 8 B-Frames. It runs without any errors with DXVA activated! :)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Re: AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is the link for the Catalyst 10.5 preview driver. I will try it out. It only runs with Radeon 4xxx/5xxx cards, so Radeon 3200-users should upgrade.

EDIT: I just tested MPC-Homecinema. You just have to disable the DXVA-check within the decoder (also: "SAR only"). You don't have to install those 10.5 preview-drivers. It already runs fine with the 10.4 preview-driver ATI offers. I tested some 1080P-MKV with more than 8 B-Frames. It runs without any errors with DXVA activated! :)

So should we download 10.5 or 10.4 in your opinion? Also how would one "disable the DXVA-check" in the decoder for MP?

Lerxst

Portal Member
    April 6, 2009
    Manchester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried installing the driver from the link specified and kept getting "Catalyst Center stopped responding" error message. Has anyone had any success in getting DXVA working with a Radeon HD5450 under Win 7 64 bit? I've tried SAF 4.00 and 5.00 but in the end went back to ffdhow and CoreAVC for the time being.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have no issues with it. and have it working with dxva2 1080p with 16 reference frames :D :D smooooth with ~10%cpu usage

hd4350
    win7pro x64
    saf 4

Users who are viewing this thread