ATI Hdmi Audio Problem (1 Viewer)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
I have the Radeon hd 4550 and I am trying to connect it to my receiver though hdmi and can't get any audio...

I have searched for awhile now, and found a lot on the topic but nothing seems to work. I was wondering if anyone here on this forum has gotten this card to work with their receivers.

Thanks

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well it all depends on what you try. It also depends on what audio card you have. If you have a Realtek card, use the Realtek ATI HDMI driver. You can also try the new audio driver ATI has in their 9.3 package. But really in order to help we would need more specifics as to what you have installed, what you've tried, etc.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Thank you for your quick reply,

I have installed the Realtek ATI HDMI driver from the Realtek site and it didn't fix it. I havn't tried the audio driver in the new 9.3 package because newer drivers caused problems for me in the past. I will try it though because I have a different codec set up and it may work...

When I go to the audio playback devices, I see Realtek Digital Output and it is working. The Realtek HDMI Output is greyed out and it says "Not plugged in".

I have an Asus P5k Pro which is a realtek device.

I have it currently hooked up to an onkyo txs-r606 receiver, however when it was connected to my tv directly there was no audio

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you using straight hdmi to hdmi, or is it dvi to hdmi (dvi from the ATI card). If so, make sure you are using the dvi-to-hdmi adapter that comes with ATI cards. I made the mistake of using a DVI to HDMI cable and this prevented the audio from being transmitted and thus would show the adapter as unplugged.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Awesome, the 9.3 drivers work! I now have audio and the videos I have tested play just fine. Many thanks.

By the way, my card has a native hdmi port, no adapter needed. Just thought I'd point that out to anyone stumbling across this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom