ATI Radeon 9200SE Or NVIDIA Geforce FX5200 ? (1 Viewer)

torvie

January 9, 2006
I need a cheap lowprofile card. What about the Mpeg 2 decoding? is that supported in both cards?

mojuk

Portal Member
January 6, 2006
Home Country
England England
5200 kid - tho i'd consider the rest of the fully fledged 9x series especially a 9600pro if u can get it as its a nice little goer for reasonable money :D

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That was mainly due to the fact that ati used to build their own cards and their was nobody else using their chipsets. The quality of the tv out is dependend on the quality of the used components.

torvie

January 9, 2006
HI
If i'm only going to use the computer for watching/record tv (using my hauppauge PVR-500), watch DVDs and surf the web.
Why should i get the GeForce N6200 instead of the FX5200?

Thanks
/T

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(this is a crosspost from the madVR thread, as the same issue is discussed there) It seems like the problem is specific to NVIDIA and has two causes: 1. Some time ago (can't remember the exact version, but can probably be found when searching this thread: AMD, Intel and Nvidia driver issues and last recommended version - Doom9's...
(this is a crosspost from the madVR thread, as the same issue is discussed there) It seems like the problem is specific to NVIDIA...
Hi I managed to get Geforce 3070 which replaced my Radeon 580. I have it connected to Samsung Q70R. With Radeon 580 I haven't had...
Replies
Views
The new 2020 AMD graphics control app. "Radeon Settings" (Driver package ver. 19.12.2 &3) fails to start after a resume from hibernation but only if MP (1.23 final) was also running when the HTPC was put in standby. Nothing happens at all if the icon on the taskbar is double clicked and when I attempt to run the app from win10 start...
The new 2020 AMD graphics control app. "Radeon Settings" (Driver package ver. 19.12.2 &3) fails to start after a resume from...
The new 2020 AMD graphics control app. "Radeon Settings" (Driver package ver. 19.12.2 &3) fails to start after a resume from...
Replies
Views
This screen is already existing. Could you try to link it to a remote button with Input Manager? Yes, you can tweak everything by editing the xaml files. But please make a backup before and be aware, that installating an update will/could overwrite your changes. So you would need to also backup your changes to replace it after an...
This screen is already existing. Could you try to link it to a remote button with Input Manager? Yes, you can tweak everything by...
Hi, I try using the WMC skin (10 years ago I used the original WMC...) The MiniEPG is very important for me. At the moment, it...
Replies
Views
billis & wjw, Thank you for providing your responses and yes, I do have the HDMI connected directly thru the video card and not the motherboard. MadVR isn't as straight forward as I would like as there are a plethora of tweaking options and I do not understand as to each and every option does or how each effects the visual outcome...
billis & wjw, Thank you for providing your responses and yes, I do have the HDMI connected directly thru the video card and not...
I have been searching for a long time for guidance on how to properly setup my HTPC with a nVidia graphics card for the best...
Replies
Views
insults removed and thread closed. *signed* update: account perm. banned after more insults on teammembers
insults removed and thread closed. *signed* update: account perm. banned after more insults on teammembers
Hello everyone! I hope your year is off to a brilliant start! My year began with my motherboard quitting on me which...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom