[solved] Atmolight connected to Ambibox - lag (1 Viewer)

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    I do have AmbiBox installed and configured. (SeduBoard 3)
    Direct Windows screen capturing works quite good (Windows 8 mode).
    The needed CPU power is relatively low and the LED and live picture are quite in sync but not black bar detection.
    (this is why I want to use the Atmolight plugin from MediaPortal.)

I have tried to connect Mediaportal to AmbiBox using the Atmolight plugin and configured it like in the screenshots attached.
    AmbiBox.PNG AtmoLight.PNG AtmoLight2.PNG
    It works, but the LED's have at least one second delay. :(

I have configured AmbiBox with Kodi and the AmbiBox AddOn - this works perfectly and extremely responsive. This is why I am nearly 100% sure that it is neither an hardware nore an AmbiBox issue. But I do prefer Mediaportal...

I have checked the mediaportal logs, files but cannot find any issue there.

Does somebody have an idea how to solve the issue?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Frankbert,

We have a beta version which gives you a new setting in the Ambibox tab (Change image delay), could you try it with the attached version with different delays?
    For some reason AmbiBox behaves differently with MePo than with Kodi and still can't find out why exactly, with this new setting you at least have some control over the send delay :)

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.0.5.mpe1
      581.1 KB

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    Awesome! (y)
    that did the trick.

I do feel that there is minimal lag still existant, but this is perfectly aceptable with the updated plugin.
    Thanks a lot!

I have tested the setting "change image delay" - but to be honest, I cannot see a big difference.

What I would love to have is in the AmbiBox tab a possiblity to select another profile for music playback. Thus it would be possible to select the Colormusic plugin from Ambibox. Maybe there is a chance to add this with an upcomming version.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome :D

We should be able to push this release somewhere this month so will be out of beta as well, once that's done will check out some of their api options to see if it's possible to switch plugins (Colormusic) and add that in :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Rick, how does the delay work for AtmoLight + AmbiBox? Should the 'delay LEDs' setting work anyway for this case? As in, I'm still noticing issues and I think it's due to the delay not changing between refresh rates. If I need to jump to AtmoWin for this to work then I guess I could. I have AmbiBox set to 0 delay.

+1 request on the plugin switcher too ;)

cheers

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    AtmoWin would be a much more stable choice if you have < 250 leds as most of our team uses it as well and Hyperion for anything beyond that or if you want a standalone networked solution (that's my current setup) :)
    The delay behaves like this:

- Send header info
    - Wait for reply and if it doesn't give use an immediate response then the delay is used.

Reason is that AmbiBox sometimes doesn't respond or quick enough which leads to it crashing / lagging if we push it too many frames (frame pileup), not a pretty fix but best one right now at least.

Last edited:

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    Dear Rick164,
    I just updated to the latest version 1.18.5.0 - comming from the 1.17.0.5.
    Functionality is good - but the lag to my SEDU-Board is back.

I reverted back to the 1.17.0.5 - lag is gone again.
    Something changed ...

Since the old version works fine, I will stick to this version.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi FrankBert,

Does the lag increase over time or is it constant and are you using any delay settings from AtmoLight (besides AmbiBox delay)?
    You can also try setting the change image delay for AmbiBox a bit lower and see if it improves :)

Double checked the ambibox code but should work the same as before, it might be a bit quicker as it no longer has the potential to stack as they get queued up by the core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom