ATSC - Playing recorded TS files crash, MPG have no audio (1 Viewer)

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey, fellas. I'm having a weird issue with ATSC recordings. I would like to see if anyone else is having this strange behavior before filing any kind of bug report. Perhaps it is just me.

I'm running a single-seat setup with the 23 Aug SVN's for MP and the TV3. I also have the TSReader enabled.

ATSC channels play fine in live TV and timeshift. Always get audio and video.

The problems occur when I record an ATSC program. If I use TS format, the file will not play when I try to watch it. In fact, it will bring MP to a halt and I have to terminate the mediaportal.exe application.
The TS file appears to be corrupt because VLC will not play it. Even though the file may be as large as 1 GB, VLC zips right through it within a second or two and nothing is displayed. Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 will also refuse to play it, but this may be normal behavior.

So, I tried the MPG format. Recorded programs now are valid and have video, but no audio. I played the mpg file in windows media player and there was no audio there either.

It's like the audio is never making it to the recording at all.

Anyone else have these issues?

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
No Audio In Mpg File

I tried playing the MPG file in VLC with the stream information turned on. It appears that there is no audio present in the mpg file. See the attached screenshot. So, is this bugworthy? I guess I can start a report and if the programmers decide it is not a bug then they can just throw it out, but that robs them of their time. If I could find someone else that has this same problem then we'd be a little more certain about it being a real bug before submitting it.

Linked image:
noaudio.jpg

fairchild

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
same here

ts dont work all

mpg work fine off my anolog wintv150 but the mpg atsc with my dbox150 attached to hd antenna has no audio, great picture with mpg but no audio, if someone want i can upload a clip and they can test it out, maybe its a codec issue but i have no audio on atsc mpg files recorded with latest tv server SVN

bungee91

Portal Member
September 23, 2007
Home Country
Same issue with the TS recordings, no idea on MPG as I haven't tried it as of yet.

One thing different though is that I am unable to play the TS files in MP or ZoomPlayer (same) BUT I am able to play them in Media Player Classic just fine. Under the filters for MPC the only video one I see is MPEG2 decoder which I'm not sure if that is pointing at something that came with MP, part of FFDShow, or something else in the Combined Community Codec Pack that I have installed. (Also have PureVideo amongst that group also :confused: / doesn't seem to be any conflicting though)

I will try the MPG recording later today and see what I get.

Since I am able to play the TS files under some sort of player I would definitely think it is some sort of codec issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom