att: guidedigger users and Oz MP users (1 Viewer)

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi all,

i've been using guidedigger for a while now, and think it's great. it's very sad about angusmann.

anyway, we have a new channel starting in a few days (7mate), and from the looks of it, this won't pop up automatically for us will it?

is it possible for anyone to pick up this project? i.e. get a hold of angusmann's source files?

what are other Oz users doing now, still using guidedigger, or have you moved on to another app?

cheers for any feedback,

dh.

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have been using EPG data which comes with the signal and it seems to work for me

yes, it works for me too, but it's not very comprehensive. angusmann's guidedigger provides a lot more detail, and this is particularly helpful when using fortherecord to manage schedules/recordings.

dh.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hey guys - just read the thread about Angusmann - I'm really saddened to hear about it - funny, I didn't know him at all but his guidedigger made my setup way better. Bummer.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Yep agreed, very sad indeed.. i was a daily user of his guidedigger and it worked flawlessly for nearly 2 years now..

with the advent of the new channels, and the lack of epg info coming over the air on these in perth (ie none) i would hope someone could pick up what he already was very succesful at doing.

Steve

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey, if someone can track down the latest source files I would be willing to maintain this program.

I also used it, does anyone know where the data was scraped from...maybe I can start something from scratch.

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I am trying to locate the source file myself as I did obtain it earlier this year and angusmann provided me with some useful info on what program he used and were he obtained the data from.

As soon as I find it I will post some more info.

The ftp'd info was also hosted off-shore. Numerous reasons

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the guidedigger.bas file :(, without this file I can't see how it can be decompiled into a readable format.

Here is some info the Angusmann provided to me back in Feb 2010.

The program is written in Liberty Basic (Liberty BASIC - Easy Programming for Windows).

Each channel is just 1 line of code, 2 numbers plus the name of the channel.

The password to the advanced settings is "bummer"

If anyone was able to obtain any version of the guidedigger.bas file from angusmann, can you please uploaded here ?

I have tried to decompile the guidedigger.exe without success so someone else out there with a little more knowledge then myself maybe able to.....No sure if it can even be done..

There is a little further information regarding the programming side of things so if you wanted to start your own "guidedigger" program I can offer some guidance.

pantner

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    I just read the post about angus, it really is horrible :(

i'm afraid i don't have the source code either, however if you want a replacement guide grabber have a look at this

epgStream.net ? Welcome!

now, there is a free and a paid version. The paid version unlocks features and disables a 40 second nag screen on both the config loads and the EPG download...

However, it does work quite well if you bare with it and it does seem to download faster then guidedigger does. (~2 mins)

I am using it for the Foxtel Guide.

Uses OzTiVo guide data.

Pretty sure it works with Media Centre, Media Portal and ForTheRecord (am using with FTR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom