Audio and Subtitle shortcuts broken (1 Viewer)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
TV-Server Version: TV Server 1.0 RC1 Refresh
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 Refresh
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Windows Vista Business
CPU Type: AMD 64-X2 5600+
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 400 and 500 (SATA), Western Digital 500 SATA
Memory: 2x 1gb Corsair
Motherboard: Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 169.35
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: Coaxial Out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 350
2. TV Card Type: Analog
2. TV Card Driver: Vista drive
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD 7)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PDVD 7)
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD 7.x)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Voo Cable (SECA)
HTPC Case: mCubed hfx classic
Cooling: hfx Borg passive CPU cooler
Power Supply: Yesico 550W fanless
Remote: Hauppauge 45 button
TV: LG 37LC3R
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

Noticed first with RC1 refresh, but not tested extensively, now confirmed with SVN of friday applied.
When playing a Video, in my case a DVD, the keyboard shortcuts and the Hauppauge remote buttons, to change audio channel and subtitles are not working as expected.

Pressing the Yellow button or L key, disables subtitles and does not allow to cycle through them or to switch them back on. The display is wrong (see below).
Pressing the Green button or A key, apparently does cycle through the audio (only a quick test before leaving for the office) but the displays is wrong.

Normally the display shows you the possible audio streams and or subtitle possibilities. First time I noticed this, I simply got an empty display banner (using Monochrome). This morning I first skipped time with a random movie so that I would have audio and subtitles playing. When using any of the keys or the buttons it now displayed +15 as text instead of displaying languages.

Will try to confirm later today with Blue Two and a DVD that I will bring to the office.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Confirmed with BlueTwo. Audio shortcuts (tested with key A) does work but the OSD shown is the last shown OSD (in last test I time-skipped 30 minutes and so I got +30 min). Subtitle shortcut (tested with letter L) does not work and shows the same OSD as audio shortcut.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Ah, did not realize the logs would help in this case as well...

Here they are, tried A for audio and L for subtitles a few times.

Then I decided to do a test with MPA for audio, MPV for Video and Navigator for navigation. Then it worked as supposed, as seen in screenshot 1.

Screenshot 2 is just from config, to show that it is supposed to force subtitles, which it does not do either with PowerDVD in charge of everything.

Several issues with PowerDVD it seems :(

As I am about to rush to the office, I could not test more extensively if it is audio or video that is playing up. Maybe later during the day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom