Audio configuration is driving me insane. (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This problem isn’t isolated to MediaPortal, so as a moderator if you delete this thread I understand. But where better to ask than here?

I just reinstalled my computer and switched from X86 Vista Ultimate to X86 Vista Business. I was evaluating MCE but never used it so I went to business since I only run MP all the time : ) Vista business seem to me to be the right OS as a base for MP – or am I mistaken?

I reinstalled on the same hardware, with the same drivers but something somewhere is very different. On vista ultimate I just did an install of the stuff and whoopii I had DTS and Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound in MP when playing a DVD or movies with any of these formats, now I can’t get anything but stereo no matter what I do. Well, if I go to sounds in control panel and test DTS or DD the test sound goes pling pling pling in all speakers and amp shows DTS or DD, but never anywhere else – what to do? My trial period for Ultimate has expired so I can’t go back and test it…

Here is (roughly) my setup.
    Hardware:
    Computer based on Asus M2A-VM HDMI, I don’t use the HDMI/AV/S/SPDIF module, I have a AMD/ATI Radeon HD 2400 card installed. But I do use the on board SPDIF (coax) (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia [Realtek ) connected to my amp that is a Denon AVR 2807.

Software:
    X86 Vista business SP1 fully run Win update on it today.
    Soundcard driver RealTEK-HD-Audio R202 (have tested as far back as 1.95)
    MediaPortal V1.0 RC2 is downloaded and installed today, tested with and without latest svn.
    FFdshow_beta5_rev2033_20080705.
    PowerDVD 8.

Any ideas what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom