Audio delay when playing video (1 Viewer)

snowy2008

Portal Member
September 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just about to build an HTPC and am trying to decide between XBMC (Windows) and Mediaportal. At this stage I am not that interested using it as a PVR for TV (Already have Sky HD and BTVision for that). I just want to replace my Xbox1 running XBMC to play my collection of Divx/Xvid from my server over the network. I also want the ability to play higher res files than the Xbox will allow.

Anyway, my question is : Is there any form of audio delay control in Mediaportal. In XBMC you can change the audio delay (forwards/backwards) to correct lip synch (which occurs frequently in my movie collection).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    snowy2008

Sorry, there is no built in control to speed up or slow down audio, this would have to be done in audio codec of your choice, not on the fly, playing file.

Personally, if i had dodgy out of sync audio\video file would re-sync or replace the corrupt files anyway.

Welcome to MP

snowy2008

Portal Member
    September 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Ray, thanks for the welcome and the reply!

I suppose I could re-encode easily enough. The biggest problem though is that quite a few files start in synch and then drift out, only to drift back in again later! I'm now wondering if the problem is with XBMC rather than the files themselves?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I suppose I could re-encode easily enough. The biggest problem though is that quite a few files start in synch and then drift out, only to drift back in again later! I'm now wondering if the problem is with XBMC rather than the files themselves?

Does sound like the codec used is not properly following the video\audio time stamps, hopefully this can be corrected by using a different codec with MP.

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Snowy,
    if you configure ffdshow as audio codec, you will be able to configure an audio delay in the ffdshow settings. But this won't work for AC3 sound unless you decode and re-encode it.

regards,
    Sepp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom