Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS (2 Viewers)

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Country flag
    Thanks for the feedback , pleased you got it sorted.
    The 5700XT is an awesome GPU but has had some teething problems according to the admittedly volatile amd support forum. Nothing I found though that matches your problem so I think you are right to go the RMA route.
    BTW the 5700XT is quite power hungry and amd recommend a 600W PSU, hope your setup has enough power.;)

It seems to be a strange issue .

Nearly all complaints I can find are about gaming performance / black screens , but my card has been perfect with gaming .
    It's only the audio (DTS/Dolby) that's giving me problems .

Power should be fine :)
    I'm using a Corsair SF 600 Platinum , paired with a Ryzen 5 2600X , 16GB Crucial Ram and a B450 Aorus M.

I've been enjoying crystal clear sound with no dropouts for the last week since I boxed up and posted the 5700XT :) ( using a HD 7790 for the moment )

:)

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Country flag
    Just a little update ,

I received a new replacement for my Sapphire RX5700 XT Pulse about 2 weeks ago .

I installed it back into my HTPC , updated the drivers , and have been testing it / watching movies/ TV Series/ playing games .

So far it's been perfect .:D

Crystal clear sound with no audio dropouts with Dolby/HD/DD+ , the same with DTS/HD :D

So far I've had no issues with gaming as well :D

Using driver version 20.4.1

Fingers crossed it stays working perfectly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET Memory Profiler or .NET Memory Profiler By Redgate | ANTS Memory Profiler help or not?
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET...
    Hello everyone. I have this "little" problem. MediaPortal, when fully booted and finished checking folders with videos, occupies...
    Replies
    Views
    Would it be possible to automate the process of updating MP Extension Manager with the latest versions of important components?
    Would it be possible to automate the process of updating MP Extension Manager with the latest versions of important components?
    Hi there, i've got a problem with the playback of some movies. The sound format is listed as DTS HD 7.1 but the receiver detects it...
    Replies
    Views
    An now i will watch "Life" to the very end. :rolleyes::)
    An now i will watch "Life" to the very end. :rolleyes::)
    MP Build: 1.17.0.0 System: HTPC Hi, since some days i've noticed a strange behaviour with HD-Audio streams of my mkv files. The HD...
    Replies
    Views
    You'll need to open a new Feature Request ;)
    You'll need to open a new Feature Request ;)
    MePo: 2.1 Final Audio Codec: All using Lav Audio: 0.69.0.42-git | Bitstream checked for all formats available. Video Codec: All...
    Replies
    Views
    OK thanks for your answers. The audio formats are really complicated :-)
    OK thanks for your answers. The audio formats are really complicated :-)
    I use "Media Portal - Audio Renderer" and it is working so far, BUT I always see on my Decoder Station (Teufel) the signal "Dolby...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom