Audio is getting lost by channel switch (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same Problem here like in this first post:

"render Audio Output failed:0, trying alternative graph builder"

I really tried a lot (and i'm no beginner with htpc's) but the sound is getting lost after few channel switches. Also Radio over DVB-C isn't working every time i want to use.

Big problem:
    The HTPC isn't mine, so I can't try anylonger till Christmas!

My results:
    Start watching LiveTV with a FloppyDTV-C on XP SP3 and MP RC3 latest download. Sound is present. Channel switching is perfect. But switching to a channel on another frequency sound is getting lost. (9 out of 10 times) BUT: The normal sound is working. I turned on the "skin sound effects" and they work like a charm while TV has no sound!
    Switching TV off and back on, sound is back!

Using Graphedit:

TV working with sound:

*.ts -> MPEG Decoder (sometimes MPA Decoder, don't know why) -> DirectSound Device: NVIDIA HDMI Wave Out

If sound is lost, the graph looses all connections on sound. If I then try to connect the MPEG Decoder by myself, it says, that the PINs won't work together!

Seems like MP is loosin some settings?!

System Specs:

ASUS M3N-H HDMI (GeForce 8300)
    FloppyDTV-C
    HDMI connection to TV
    Cyberlink PowerDVD 7
    MP is configured to use PowerDVD7-Codecs and the "Direct Sound:NVIDIA HDMI Wave out".

The only thing I couldn't try was changing the connection HTPC <-> TV... But I guess, it will work with DVI and seperate sound (not HDMI)

All the solutions mentioned in this thread aren't working! MP RC1 was working perfectly on the same system with same drivers! (I testes all available drivers)

I hope someone outthere gives us a hint :(

EDIT:

Fixed!

Bugreport 1703

Saw this too late... :oops::sorry:
    Had time to test and it works :D

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This is not fixed in bugreport 1703, it fixed my bugreport about novideoaudio detected. I still have this same little bug,
    ie when i change channell about 25% of cases audio gets lost. It comes back when using skip to end using right arrow or right mouse button.

If someone wants to have logs i can try to catch them when this occurred.
    For me at least it's still there using svn 20755

regards,
    te3hpurp

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmmm...
    sounds not that good... thought this fixed this problem?!

for me, it solved 98% of the problem. but the last 2% can probably be solved by the dvb-fix. forgot to install it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom