Audio not synced with M2TS files (1 Viewer)

mvtl9902

Portal Member
June 8, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi !
When playing in Media Portal my M2TS files recording from my Canon camcorder HF10, the sound in not synced and the video is playing slowly.

On the same computer, when using WMP, the file is playing well. MPC HD gives the same issue as MP.
Both MP and WMP use the same codec and filter: AC3 filter, Core AVC and Haali Media splitter.

M2ts file details (Mediainfo):
General
ID : 0
Complete name : \\nas\media\test.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : BluRay Video
File size : 153 MiB
Duration : 1mn 23s
Overall bit rate : 15.3 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 18.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Bit rate : 14.5 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Video delay : -120ms

All others files type are playing well, .mkv (H264,AC3/DTS), .avi(XVID,MP3)

Any idea ?

:D

bluesk1d

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Orange County, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I wonder if perhaps it is simply the bitrate and how MP handles it. Do you have any MKVs with an 18Mbps bitrate to test? Have you tried remuxing your M2TS files into a matroska container to see if it does anything differently? I have also heard of people changing the extension of M2TS files that contain AVC video to .mp4 to trigger different handling within MP. Give that a shot. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here as I am a MP n00b too =)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No problems playing the 1080p25 m2ts files from my Panasonic with MediaPortal.
    I guess that you simply have a codec problem on your system which causes the playback issues.
    i.e. i would not use AC3-filter at all since that one always produced odd issues on my system.

If you start MediaPortal using the "MediaPortal Debug" shortcut inside your Startmenu, then playback such a file, then close MP you will have a log zipfile created on your desktop.
    attach this file here.

mvtl9902

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks all for your reply.

In fact it seems to be a problem with the CoreAVC codec :rolleyes:

You know that AVCHD camcorder record interlaced and progressive frames in the same type of container which is 50i or 60i depending on your country.
    This means that even if you record in progressive mode, your video file should report an interlaced video (You can check using Mediainfo software).

So I think that coreavc is not able to detect the correct type of recording mode. I done four tests with MP.

1/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 25p with CoreAVC deinterlacing settings set to Single Field or bob or Hardware (Hardware was my initial settings):
    Video is playing slowly and audio is not synced.

2/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 50i with CoreAVC deinterlacing settings set to Single Field or bob or Hardware:
    Video is flicking a lot and seems not to be deinterlaced, audio is synced. (it seems to be an order fields issue)

3/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 25p with CoreAVC deinterlacing settings set to None (weave):
    Video is playing like a charm !

4/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 50i with CoreAVC deinterlacing settings set to None (weave):
    Video is playing well but not deinterlaced

I done the same tests using ffdshow as H264 decoder:

1/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 25p with ffdshow deinterlacing settings checked:
    Video is playing well.

2/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 50i with ffdshow deinterlacing settings checked:
    Video is playing well.

3/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 25p with ffdshow deinterlacing settings unchecked:
    Video is playing well.

4/ Playing a M2TS file recording in 50i with ffdshow deinterlacing settings unchecked:
    Video is playing well but not deinterlaced

Of course the goal is to still using CoreAVC as H264 decoder, because of this less CPU consumption and decoding quality.
    I have both 25p and 50i clips, as I can't check deinterlaced in coreavc how can I handle deinterlacing when needed ?

During tests using WMP and CoreAVC without deinterlacing, I saw that in window mode the video was not deinterlaced which is normal but in full screen WMP deinterlaced the video. Does someone know why ?

Attachments

• coreavc.jpg
      coreavc.jpg
      54.6 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You know that AVCHD camcorder record interlaced and progressive frames in the same type of container which is 50i or 60i depending on your country.
    This means that even if you record in progressive mode, your video file should report an interlaced video (You can check using Mediainfo software).
    Nope.
    The video my Panasonic creates in "25fps cinema mode" are identified as 1080p25 by other applications (such as TSremuxer and adobe Premiere CS4).

But i did notice that the files created by my borthers Canons HF10 are a bit different. Quite weird actually and causes that playback does not work in many players.

mvtl9902

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Nope.
    The video my Panasonic creates in "25fps cinema mode" are identified as 1080p25 by other applications (such as TSremuxer and adobe Premiere CS4).

Ok, most of them :sorry:

But i did notice that the files created by my borthers Canons HF10 are a bit different. Quite weird actually and causes that playback does not work in many players.

Mine is a Canon HF10 too.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Mine is a Canon HF10 too.
    They gave me quite some headaches when creating a custom BR with his holiday videos.
    No clue why.... but other forums are full of simmlar reports from other users which have issues with their m2ts files. :(

mvtl9902

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Good news it seems that the last release of CoreAVC 1.9.5 solves this issue.

"The added support for PAFF encoded content, such as H.264 mpeg transport stream being recordings coming from most of AVCHD camcorders, like the Canon HF10 / HF100 are supported now in version 1.9.5."

mvtl9902

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I've just upgraded to 1.9.5 and I've still the same issue :mad:
    I'll try to contact Coreavc Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom