Audio to Video convertor (1 Viewer)

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Hi folks,

Wondering if you could help me out with a work problem.... I need to display a WAV file as a AVI!
    Will now explain :)
    Im working on an Heartbeat ECG system and have test WAV files that are recording's of peoples heartbeats. I need to convert this WAV file into an AVI file that I can then play. This way the customer can see the test heartbeat on the screen at the same time as I process the AVI audio (my original WAV file ) into my ECG system.
    Any ideas on tools that I can use to do this?

Egon

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    just one question.... do you want sth. that makes an avi file from a wav file resulting in an avi without image, just sound

or are you searching for some kind of an oscilloscope (htf to write this? :D ) effect like this beep beep things-in hospitals?

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    smnnekho said:
    just one question.... do you want sth. that makes an avi file from a wav file resulting in an avi without image, just sound

or are you searching for some kind of an oscilloscope (htf to write this? :D ) effect like this beep beep things-in hospitals?

Im after software to make a video file of a scope like display. We have already got the audio sussed as we have to output two different streams on each audio channel.
    And yeah, one of the channels will go beep beep :)

And audio scopes are easy to write....all you do is read the output of an ADC and add it onto a rotating waveform buffer.
    I cant use a soundcard scope as my audio file is too low in freq to be handled by soundcards....we are talking around 1Hz here for a heartbeat (we get around this by FM modulating it....outputting it from the soundcard....and then demodulate it in hardware and feed it into my ECG circuit)

Egon

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    smnnekho - What does "sth" mean? I've seen it many times but can't understand its context or meaning.

Mike

simonsez

Portal Member
    April 4, 2005
    Kentucky, US
    One word. VirtualDub.

It's a great program for advanced video editing/cutting/splicing and can support just about any input resulting in different types of output. Some plugins or filters may be necessary, but just start at http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

If you have a divx/xvid encoder filter installed, you should be able to put the video and mp3 together with ease.

Good luck to you.

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    simonsez said:
    One word. VirtualDub.

It's a great program for advanced video editing/cutting/splicing and can support just about any input resulting in different types of output. Some plugins or filters may be necessary, but just start at http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

If you have a divx/xvid encoder filter installed, you should be able to put the video and mp3 together with ease.

Good luck to you.

That wont do what I need. I need to have something that will create an AVI file of the equivilent of a scope trace of the WAV file audio. Imagine looking at a scope seeing a heart beat scrolling across it....this is what I need an AVI of.

Egon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom