Audio troubles (1 Viewer)

enordgren

January 12, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia
Windows Version: Windows XP 64-bit Edition
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: LP NF4 Series (DFI Corp,LTD)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: Newest Windows XP 64-Bit beta drivers from Hauppauge
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I am very new to all of thise, so I am rather confused currently. I installed the beta drivers for my 150, then installed MediaPortal. It detects all of my cable channels correctly; however, when I try playing the live TV, I get no sound playback. I have checked through the settings and wasn't able to find any sort audio setting that included my actual hardware soundcard, so I am very confused. I searched through the forum before posting this and wasn't able to find anything that helped me. Like I said, I'm very new at this, so I'm probably missing something simple; if so, sorry. Thanks for any help you can give me.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It is usually hard to get Hauppuage drivers that work. I had no sound either with the latest drivers. Got it working with the latest official drivers from Hauppuage (but I'm using 32 bit Windows, perhaps there are no official 64 bit drivers?).
What I'm saying is that this most likely is a driver issue. Try to get it working with Hauppauges own apps first (WinTV2000) and it should work in Media Portal too.

To change your soundcard settings you should probably go through Windows Control Panel, the only audio settings to do within Media Portal are under Filters in the configuration app.

enordgren

January 12, 2006
Only issue with that is that Hauppauge doesn't currently have a 64-bit build of WinTv2000 (at least that's what the sticky on their forums says...). They are suggesting the use of 3rd party software as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a recording, pressing either button again turns the red dot off and cancels the recording. I did not try with the number buttons, I am running MP 1.29.
For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a...
I recollect someone else reporting this problem, but I cannot now find the relevant post. In this thread I want describe the...
Replies
Views
I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
Replies
Views
Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
Replies
Views
Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
Replies
Views
Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom