AudioCD (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    the BASS engine is really cool, but I was surprised that MP still uses WMP to play an audiocd. Is this normal or forget I something to set in the config? I thought that MP doesn't use WMP for playing music anymore.

Edit:
    Forget to mention that it occurs with MP 0.2.2 and latest SVN on several PCs/installations.

Regards,
    MisterD

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    Nantes, FR
    yes, good point. I really thought hwarmann said that at some point Audio CDs were now handled by the bass engine. The 'basscd.dll' library is even installed in the MusicPlayer\plugins\audio decoders folder.
    However Audio CD are played with WMP only and so WMP is sometimes used in conjunction with the bass engine. As a result one can observe such a strange behaviour off and on: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11509

hwarmann?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    To be honest, i first rip all my CDs and thn play it from HD.
    So i never noticed that BASS isn't used. :)

will make a note and have a look at it.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK. I thought that I have configured something wrong in setup.
    Normally I also rip my CDs, but this was a new one and so not ripped.

Regards
    MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did a small test with the latest SVN and it's working perfect here. :D

Regards,
    MisterD

raphael

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I have latest SVN too
    and when I play CD I can't eject it
    when I close MP and start it again I can eject CD
    but when I play it and stop I can't

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    could U also make MP not play a CD while Mp is ripping the CD.

MP becomes very slow doing both and eventually crashes

raphael

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    when I insert CD I want to listen to it and MP starts playing it
    I don't want to rip CD

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A while back I found out that the 'Play CD' button within 'My Music' was not working on my PCs. The log file reported a BASS_ERROR_NOCD error for each track on the CD although there was a CD in the drive. By switching back to the internal music player I could play the CD.

Later on I found out that I could play a CD with BASS by enabling autoplay and inserting the CD, on which playback started. Using the debugger I discovered that during autoplay there is no CD information grabbed from freedb, in all other situations there is. So I checked the freedb routines.

The problem is caused by the GetCDDBDiscIDInfo and GetCDDBDiscID methods. In these methods the connection with the CD drive is not explicitly closed, therefore BASS can not access the CD. I added a 'cddrive.Close()' call in both methods and now BASS can access the CD and playback starts correctly.

I do not know why there is no CD information grabbed from freedb during autoplay. So I modified the code and this seems to work without problems. Does anybody know if there is a specific reason for not using freedb during autoplay?

With these small changes CD playback works really well but still I have an improvement suggestion: By pressing the 'Play CD' button I prefer to jump to the playlist screen. In this case you can directly see the tracks and it is no longer necessary to manually navigate to the current playlist. I implemented it by adding an 'ActivateWindow' call within the method that handles the 'Play CD' button. Is this something others like as well?

I think that at least the BASS_ERROR_NOCD problem should be committed to SVN. The other two I would prefer as well but maybe others think differently about this. Let me know...

Helmut, shall I e-mail my changes to you again so you can check and commit them if agreed?

Regards,
    Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom