Audioscrobbler confused by artist names ending with a number (1 Viewer)

bazzz

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: E3110 3 GHz
HDD: WD SE16 500 GB, Samsung SpinPoint 750 GB
Memory: 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SL
Video Card: Asus EN8600GT Silent
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3: Coaxial out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: S/PDIF
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.85
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Shaw Digital
HTPC Case: Silverstone Lascala LC17S
Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja with 120mm Nexus fan. 2x 80mm Nexus case fans
Power Supply: Corsair VX450
Remote: Hauppauge 45 button remote
TV: Toshiba Rezga 32" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-D -> HDMI

I've found that the AudioScrobbler struggles to correctly identify artists if the name of the band ends in a number. This happens both for grabbing artwork of the artist and reporting playing of tracks to last.fm. For example, "Alabama 3" gets reported as "Alabama" and "Spacemen 3" as "Spacemen". In each case, the truncated name is the name of a different band.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hey mm, thanks for the quick answer. Can you please tell me, where i can find the appropriate logs? I looked in the Win7 logs but does not found anything. Daniel
Hey mm, thanks for the quick answer. Can you please tell me, where i can find the appropriate logs? I looked in the Win7 logs but...
Hi, hopefully, someon can help me out to find a strange problem. The last time, my tv-server does not complete schedules. It wakes...
Replies
Views
Thanks beamland :) Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that MP was using. In other words, it might have shown MP Audio Renderer when you first loaded configuration... but that doesn't mean MP was using the MP Audio Renderer before that time. Only logs could have...
Thanks beamland :) Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that...
Hi there Powering on my HTPC and starting to watch live tv on whatever channel I choose works fine. I get video and audio as...
Replies
Views
It absolutely can. :) http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuning_mode If you have an ATSC tuner + aerial and are trying to pull in digital channels then ATSC digital terrestrial is definitely the right mode. :) Win! :D No problem. :)
It absolutely can. :)...
First of all, I will gladly start with the specs of my PC. I'll fill in the blanks as I go about it... I forgot what /run command...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit home premium sp1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 HDD: Memory: 4GB Motherboard: Video Card: ATI HD 5570 Video Card Driver: Latest Sound Card: Sound Card AC3: Sound Card Driver: 1. TV Card: IPTV 1. TV Card Type: DVB-IP 1. TV Card Driver: MP...
MediaPortal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit home premium sp1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II...
MediaPortal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit home premium sp1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II...
Replies
Views
Okay. Keep in mind that the Cyberlink codec has a property page too, and I believe it has deinterlacing settings (like LAV). To view/configure, click the screwdriver/spanner button next to the codec selection (as usual with LAV and any other codec). MP also has a deinterlacing setting for TV...
Okay. Keep in mind that the Cyberlink codec has a property page too, and I believe it has deinterlacing settings (like LAV). To...
Couldn't figure out my old account so made a new one; Got probably 2, maybe even 3 issues of which all are reproducible time after...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom