• Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
    Windows Version: Xp sp3 + latest hotfixes

Guys, did I dream this or what?!?
    Should audioscrobbler, when playing a saved playlist, submit tracks to last.fm and add new ones to the current playlist or not?!?
    I thought it was like that but since it is not now with MP 1.1.1 I'm very confused.:oops:

Please enlight me!

Peter

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok, it's obvious now: I have installed w7 on another disk as a test and it's clear that with xp, when loading a saved playlist, scrobbling works as well adding tracks to the current playlist.
    In w7 this is not the case, the database is scanned and up to date.

Am I doing something wrong or what? :eek::confused:

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi jameson, yes I it is enabled. These are the settings:

My Music global settings
    Scrobble mode enabled per default: checked
    try to add this many songs: 2
    Overall random percentage: 75
    Playcount for tracks to add: add totally random tracks for artist

Scrobbler options
    Improve my profile (submit tracks): checked
    Announce current track on last.fm: checked

Offline mode: Full random

Similar mode, Remember start track - avoid style drifting: checked

So, these are pretty much the default settings which I also have in Xp

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Could this be linked to w7/user rights/UAC/...? Just guessing.

I have installed MP for a friend on her laptop and on her installation, scrobbling from playlists was also not working but since I was puzzled whether this is normal or not, I did not pay attention.
    Now that I've installed onto w7 aside of my xp, it's clear and when I was at her place this week, I doublechecked the settings en results.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Are so few people using this plugin or am I the only unlucky person who experiences this on 2 systems (or am I doing something wrong...)
    Is there a log file that gives more information about submitting to last.fm like foobar does?

I noticed that when I want to do a manual music database update, some status flashes by quickly but it seems like nothing happens.
    Is this new kind of behavior due to w7 or could this also be the reason for the scrobbler plugin not working?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are so few people using this plugin or am I the only unlucky person who experiences this on 2 systems (or am I doing something wrong...)
    Sorry I don't use this and have not had time to look at the code.

Can anyone explain how this works and I can then update the Wiki

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Audioscrobbler & playlists

i just wanted to confirm, that these 2 options, also don't work on my machine at the moment:

Scrobbler Options

x Improve my profile - check to submit tracks to your last.fm account
    x Announce current track on last.fm - displays what track you are currently listening to to other last.fm users

The other last.fm options (add songs to playlist etc.) seem to work

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi blubserl,

Even though I still have issues with this plugin, I have found out a few things:
    1) If you use the same last.fm account & scrobbling on different machines, you cannot just switch from one to the other immediately.
    2) Your music database has to be up-to-date
    3) When using playlist, capitalization of the path and/or filename can be an issue.

The "<drive>ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\mediaportal.log" file gives some feedback about this.

HTH

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Audioscrobbler & playlists

Hi Peter!

1) If you use the same last.fm account & scrobbling on different machines, you cannot just switch from one to the other immediately.

That's strange. I use the same last.fm account on my android phone, my office pc and my home pc without any problems. Actually I don't switch immediately from one client to another. On weekend i often only use my media center pc for music playback - but no track gets submitted.

2) Your music database has to be up-to-date
    3) When using playlist, capitalization of the path and/or filename can be an issue.

My music database is up-to-date and i don't use playlists at all. I playback music from my NAS and have configured UNC Paths in music configuration --> maybe that's a problem for the last.fm plugin?

The "<drive>ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\mediaportal.log" file gives some feedback about this.

HTH

I'll check the log, and see if i can find something. Of course submitting tracks to last.fm is not an essential function, but it would be nice to get it working :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom