(Australia) Media Portal Lags Alot one channel but not others (1 Viewer)

jimmy2592

Portal Member
March 31, 2008
Hi,

I run media protal on an xp machine and on one of my channels it lags ALOT (channel 7, in australia btw) but the other channels are fine!

can anyone help?

fo0d

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
What do you mean by lags ? because it fine for me.
But I have noticed recently that every now and again on Seven the sound goes funny for about 10 sec then it fixes it self but this is not a problem with MediaPortal because i have seen it happen on normal TV.

Welcome to the forums :D

jimmy2592

Portal Member
March 31, 2008
well when i am watching other channels like channel 9, it runs just like it would on normal tv, but when i go to channel 7 it starts to play a bit (video and audio then it pauses for 10 - 15 seconds and plays about 1 second and pauses again, it is only on channel 7.:mad:

:D

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    could be related to signal strength in your house (is it Sat or Cable, btw.)
    I fixed a similar prob by (buying- and) adjusting the signal amplifier in my house. Often not all channels are affected, because they are transmitted with a different signal quaity.

Just a guess though

cheers
    joystick

jimmy2592

Portal Member
    March 31, 2008
    could be related to signal strength in your house (is it Sat or Cable, btw.)
    I fixed a similar prob by (buying- and) adjusting the signal amplifier in my house. Often not all channels are affected, because they are transmitted with a different signal quaity.

Just a guess though

cheers
    joystick

its like normal tv that goes from the ariel on the roof of my house to a cable and then into the back of the computer. It also has an amplifier already.

Just found out it working fine atm i think it doing it night time, ill see tonight and let you all know.

could be related to signal strength in your house

Yep, sounds like a borderline signal to me too.

The signal was 90% when it was happening.

Analog or digital TV?

Digital tv

jimmy2592

Portal Member
    March 31, 2008
    Ok i have uninstalled media portal and reinstalled it, channel 7 works fine during the day, but at night times it keeps pauseing, not like it was, but still not good enough to watch, but channel 10 is doing what channel 7 was doing:mad: :mad: i haven't got any anolog channels on there so i will try and add them and see if they work, but i would prefer to keep digital.everyon

BTW everyone that has tried to help so far, thanks

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Jimmy,

Can you go to the user CP page (linked at the top left) and enter your system details. That will allow us to understand what brand of TV card you have; what graphics, cpu and codecs.. with this information we may be able to detect any setup issues.

Cheers
    erosco

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Do yo have an antenna amplifier in your system?

Digital TV is effected by poor signal, but also by a saturated strong signal.
    If you have an antenna amplifier, then try to change the "db" settings if possible, or try without.
    Also there is a diference between antenna amplifiers for analog and digital tv, not every amplifier is good for digital.

If you use TVE3 (TV Server), you can look at both signal strenght and signal quality, this may help with troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread