Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-NX96T512HP
Video Card Driver: N Vidia
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Twin HD DVB-T Card
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Twinhan DVB-S AD-SP300(1034)
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
HTPC Case: Silverstone
Cooling: Standard
Power Supply:
Remote: MS MCPC Remote
TV: LG
TV - HTPC Connection: Componant

I have an interisting challange that i hope somone may be able to shed some light on.

My Media Centre PC works very well and i am happy with the overall performance. The issue i have is related to TV playback. The MCPC recives all available Digital channels and plays them perfectly except for any channel 7 steam.

When playing any of the channel 7 streams (SD or HD) the playbay is all choppy and broken up. The puzzling thing is if you record a channel 7 stream it records perfectly with no issue.

I also tested the signal with an external Digital setop box, again the signal is fine.

Any thoughts on how to start fixing this issue would be apprecated.

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Very keen to know what Video Codec you're running. You don't mention it in your system configuration and there's no logs (which will help us all assisting you)!

I've had similar problems to you for two main reasons.. I use a Nova-DT 500 digital card and had to get patched drivers as they had problems with some Aussie channels.. but the main problem with Seven was the Nvidia PureVideo codecs.. they definately cause stuttering and choppieness.

I run Cyberlink PowerDVD codecs for (PDVD7.x) video and AC3 filter for audio and the PDVD7.x Audio Renderer and get great reception on all Aussie stations (2,7,9,10,SBS).

Cheers
    erosco

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    I'm running MP1.0 with an Hauppage Nova-T-500 and have had some strange chopping problems on channel 7 when i was running MP 0.2.3.0 with the built-in TV plugin. i found one of my aerial splitters was causing an issue, so i replaced it with a newer one from Dick Smiths.

Since installing MP1.0, i've had no issue with 7 (or Prime, here in Newcastle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom