Australian Tv Guide setup problems (1 Viewer)

DoodFish

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
Setting up the web ePG is a little confusing firstly there is an XMLTV folder with a readme file that says:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To use Mediaportal's internal xmltv configuration and scheduler you should unpack the xmltv in this folder.

Download from:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=39046

Get the Win32 zip file named like xmltv-0.5.34-win32.zip, depending on the version number.

After unpacking in this folder you can use it from within MediaPortal

You should have something like this in the folder, can depend on version of xmltv:

---------
doc
README
ReadMe.txt
xmltv.exe
---------

have Fun!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did that! Ive followed the WebEPG setup instructions also (don't know why the above XMLTV.exe info isn't here!) and mapped out my channels.

Found that there exists a WebEPG.exe and a TvGuideScheduler.exe I cant work out why they both exist.

What ends up happening is that when I use the grabber it tries to grab something like 250 channels from all over the world when I've just picked 10 from AU with 'WebEPG-conf.exe'

Can someone please give us a hand?

December 28, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
You don’t need to download anything, it all comes with MP and can be found in the main folder of MP.

WebEPG-conf.exe: is used to configure what channel to download information from the internet for. The Configuration information is saved into this file c:\...\MediaPortal\WebEPG\WebEPG.xml

WebEPG.exe: this is used to grap the information from the web and then makes your TVguide.xml which is saved into c:\...\MediaPortal\XMLTV\TVguide.xml then MP imports it into its tv guide.

Are you running TV3 or TV2?
If you’re running TV3 then try

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/australian_tv_guide-t24047.html?t=24047&highlight=Australian

scoulter

Portal Member
April 27, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Have you tried the GetOzTvGuide script/plugin?

It's pretty good, just ask me, I'll tell you :)

- Shameless promotion is completely intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom