Australian TV Guide (1 Viewer)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
I have written a GUI that allows easy downloading of Australian TV guides.

It also makes it easy to add/change TV channel logos.

It makes use of Channel Groups to allow program info to be set up for all channels in a group (i.e. STD and HD etc).

It writes directly into the MP programs database file - does not use the tvguide.xml file.

I just wanted to know if anyone is interested in using it (strictly freeware of course!) and who I should submit it to for evaluation etc so that if people like it, it could be distributed from the mediaportal website.

Thanks

You can get the latest download with new setup instructions from

http://home.people.net.au/~threebridges/downloads/tv/

***NEW*** ***NEW*** ***NEW***
(29 Jun 2007)

I have added support for Multi Source downloads - so if you receive TV from 2 different regions, you can download EPG for both. And if you want to, you can throw in Pay TV as well.

The Advanced EPG is a little more complicated to setup, but if you have already set up this software before, it should not be too difficult.

***NEW*** ***NEW*** ***NEW***
(19 Aug 2007)

Added support for TV Engine version of MediaPortal

Be careful NOT to overwrite your configuration file from your previous setup during the installation.

Regards
Kev

Freak

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Send it my way Big Kev.

Count me in on getting a copy, i've spent the last three days trying to perfect MP's EPG...

On WinTV and SC10, i can only get around 4days, while the other 3 i can get 7 days.... It's driving me nuts... :)

Does anyone know, i've been using my schedule and using the record everytime on this channel option, this morning i updated the EPG, and all of those programs i've chosen to record everytime, needs to be set again?

Does this seem right, because MP will be a lot less useful to me if so.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Freak,

Once setup for 'record every time on this channel' (etc.), MP will always record regardless of EPG updates. It still works even after clicking the "Remove all programs from database' button in MP's setup. :)
    So you should find MP VERY useful ;-)
    Enjoy,

Nick Name.

P.S. Big Kev, I'll help test/use your plugin (please).

darved

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    That would be sweet. I'm in the middle of editing the GetOzTvGuide script to work with the TV Engine and map guides to multiple channels. I checked the PDF from your other post and it seems way better than learning vbscript.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    sounds good, I had also written my own GUI but not nearly as god as your. I might try it if you give a download link, my TV guide is working at the moment but I don't get any data for Sunday till Saturday night (data just goes to the end of the week) I don't suppose your data is any different is it?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    You can download from http://home.people.net.au/~threebridges/downloads/tv/ directory - file is oztvservicesetup.exe

Please let me know how it goes.

I have added support for custom download from a URL. I tested it with ICETV and it worked for me.

I haved added a new setup.pdf file to the download with more details on registering for Wktivo downloads and new instructions for custom links etc.

IF YOU USE IT AND IT WORKS - PLEASE LET ME KNOW. IF IT DOESN'T - DEFINITELY LET ME KNOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom