Auto approve movies from GUI? (1 Viewer)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey, i wanna to know if it's planned to make it possible to appove "Not regornized" movies from the GUI, instead of having to open the Mediaportal config?

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I agree, this should be the priority and not some trailer support/grouping of movies.

It just kills the mood, when you want to watch a movie and it doesn't appear in MovPic,
so you have to drag your ass over just to approve/select a proper movie :mad:

If Tvseries does it, it shouldn't be so complicated to implement it temporary in the same way,
instead of waiting two years for 1.5.0 version, for a not so intrusive way (without pop-up).

By then a lot of users will switch to XBMC.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I agree, this should be the priority and not some trailer support/grouping of movies.

It just kills the mood, when you want to watch a movie and it doesn't appear in MovPic,
    so you have to drag your ass over just to approve/select a proper movie :mad:

If Tvseries does it, it shouldn't be so complicated to implement it temporary in the same way,
    instead of waiting two years for 1.5.0 version, for a not so intrusive way (without pop-up).

By then a lot of users will switch to XBMC.

word!

I'm wondering, why this feature isn't already out.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    been waiting for this for a long time as well. would love to see it moved to a much higher priority. So would my WIFE!!!!! LOL

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    been waiting for this for a long time as well. would love to see it moved to a much higher priority. So would my WIFE!!!!! LOL

Create files yourself, backup from your DVD or something = simply ensure proper filename, infact fire off a quick google search, grab the IMDB tt.... identifier and add this into the filename and you will have a 100% correct match always!

Obtaining files from internet = just make sure NFO file goes along with it that contains the IMDB tt... identifier and ensure MovingPictures is configured to read this file (single checkbox setting), and you will have a 100% correct match rate as well, provided of course the NFO file contains the correct info

I would otherwise love to know what method of adding movies you use that requires you to always have to manually correct them to find a match.

And finally; this is an existing issue on the Google Code project website, so if you 'star' the issue, it will show the developers the demand for it. Because I personally rather have them fix a lot of other issues first (which I starred for that reason), before they tackle this one. This is probably why they have it currently scheduled for the v1.5.0 milestone.

Issue 83 - moving-pictures - Support close match resolution in MediaPortal GUI - Project Hosting on Google Code

@mat123, if it is 'sooo' easy, then please create a patch with a solution and contribute it to Google Code project website.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Offtopic, but a bit related:

In my opinion Mediaportal and it's plugins currently relies too much on keyboard and mouse interaction outside the Mediaportal application itself.

For me the production setup is HTPC in my living room with a remote, that's it. I don't want to fiddle stuff with the keyboard and mouse on daily or even weekly basis. Plugins should expose more functionality to the actual GUI itself. I remember an older Moving Pictures version where I had to actually wait a quite long time for the movie to show up in the UI when I had just transferred it to my HTPC since there was no refresh option (and I think there's no such option today but the file watcher has probably been improved since I don't have to wait so long).

Same goes with installing, updating and configuration of plugins, in XBMC it's pure gold.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    seco this is one of the main points being done in MP2. But for now we will have to improve MP1

+1

Movie DB should be easily updatable from main interface, without digging into settings each time when i add new movie to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread