Auto deletion of movies (1 Viewer)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
Could you please insert a option to disable the database maintenance when you start the configuration GUI?

I use Moving Pictures for all my Blu-ray's and HD-DVD's. For HD-DVD's I use an external player. I recently moved my HTPC. I didn't connect my HD-DVD drive immediately but went into the configuration GUI to add a few new Blu-ray's and tada! All of my HD-DVD's gone :/
So I had to insert every single disc again, not so fun. I didn't understand why the entries was gone but suspected it was because the drive was missing and then I found this in a log file.

11-Apr-2011 21:31:10 Info [ FileSyncProcess]: File maintenance started in the background.
11-Apr-2011 21:31:10 Info [DatabaseMaintenanceM]: Checking for invalid file entries in the database.
11-Apr-2011 21:31:10 Info [DatabaseMaintenanceM]: Removed 0 file entries.

This is from today because I can't find any log files from Moving Pictures older than today so.

Please insert this in your advanced settings.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry for the trouble, disk based media should never be removed automatically so you are hitting some sort of bug here. I will try to look into this for the next release, if it is possible for you to reproduce the problem and post debug logs that would be incredibly helpful.

By the way, check your database folder, every time you run a Moving Pictures install it will backup your current database. So you probably have a database backup there with all your HD-DVD movies still in tact. This will eliminate the need to re-import everything.

Again, sorry for the trouble.

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
I can try to reproduce the problem. I checked out the database backup but it was serveral months old. I've spent tonight adding all the movies again and made a backup of all my MediaPortal databases ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom