Auto - import blank movies. (1 Viewer)

Steven81

Portal Pro
March 29, 2010
As I said in my other post the media is added (most often) by my sister. She visits them and I have put shortcut of their network's shared folder in her laptops desktop, into which she dumps the media that she thinks that they will be interested. I very much doubt that she'd agree to write an NFO file for every unrecognizable file, she'd simply request from me to revert them to myvideo plugin.

What typically happens when moving pictures don't "get" a movie is to put it in the ignore list, so there's a mechanism coded into the plugin which deals with unrecognized movies. It's *that* that I wish to have modified, it surprises me that to this day there's no GUI option for users to choose what they wish to automatically happen with unrecognized movies...

BTW the blank movie import would also be a great idea (I think) as a reminder of those legitimately badly named movies. Once you'd see a blank movie in your collection it would/should prompt you to change the name and re import. As i said it's not for everyone , but it would be a nice feature...

Steven81

Portal Pro
March 29, 2010
A GUI option which you can enable (a tick box) and will let moving pictures to add unrecognized media as blank movies automatically. No there's not such an option. Remember we talk here of building a low maintenance media importer which will offer moving pictures like functionality most of the time, and such a thing does not exist yet. Unfortunately the only low maintenance plugin in MP to this day is the myvideo plugin (one dumps videos to a designated folder and he's done, *that's* the usability I'm after)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom