Auto-muting TV on subtitle text match (1 Viewer)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I just saw this invention on The Register, which matches keywords from the subtitle track of the tv feed, and automatically mutes the TV. I was thinking that there really ought to be a MePo plugin to do this job. I couldn't find anything from a quick search; ss there anything already existing to do this, and if not, does it sound possible? Ideally you'd be able to define strings to match, with a corresponding action and period to perform it for; e.g. if detect string "compare the meerkat" then mute, duration 40 seconds.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I normally watch recordings or delayed as well, as far as entertainment shows and movies, for the same reason :). But some things like news and sports, I really prefer to watch live.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    From geek's perspective it looks a nice thing, but in real world... why would I want such? I dont have tendency (and no one forces) me to watch shows that contain something I'm not interested about :)

Technically it would be possible to build such in MP - but it owuld be much better to base it on the audio, not some subtiting - especially since not all places are having subtitling available, subtitling wont contain all the spoken words, subtitles can be bitmap based... etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom