Auto-re-ordering of EPG (1 Viewer)

ARP

Portal Member
April 16, 2009
Norfolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm using DVB-T tuners. Is there any easy way to re-order the channel sequence so it matches how they come up on a normal TV. My channel sequence is all over the place. I appreciate it can be done manually, but it's worth asking if there's an easier way. :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    If your talking about "logical channel numbering" (LCN) this should be done when tuning.

If you go into TVServer config\TVchannels\TVGroups mapping tab you should see the list of channels with their respective lcn's on the right as in picture.

sshot-32.jpg

If you are not getting these, it could be a sign of a weak signal.

Is this a new install of 1.0.1, as I tested this release for exactly that problem, (has been broken in past) which worked fine using the Winter Hill transmitter.

ARP

Portal Member
    April 16, 2009
    Norfolk
    Home Country
    Thanks, I had cleared all groups, but when I recreated a group 'lcn' they showed up fine. The manual has very little to say about LCN, might be a good idea to include something. At the moment it's a bit of an initiative test!:)

I'm using V1.01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
    Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki once more and now I have TV again! Thanks again...on to fine tune it now.
    Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki...
    Been using WMC since 2013 using Hauppage DCR-2650 with cable card and Verizon FIOS. Now that MS pulled the plug on EPG data, I...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy of the driver zip in case the external web version disappears one day. There is also the option in Device Manager to roll back the automatically installed Microsoft driver (2009/2010) to the working...
    Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy...
    Hello, I have 3x Realtek RTL2832U usb DVB-T tuners in my MP1 TV Server. They appear as REALTEK DTV Filter with unique card IDs and...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some websites propose to have a personal file (you choose what are channels in the .xml). An example for french country : It takes 2 minutes an 5 seconds for 4765 programs imported on my system : If...
    Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some...
    I've finally finished mapping all the channels were scanned from my HDHomeRun over-the-air and cable tuners, which amounts to over...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom