[TV] Auto Start (1 Viewer)

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would like to request a way to have the TV start Automatically. Right now when my wife uses MP or my parents come to visit they don't know how to get the tv started. I would like to be able to tell them to turn off the PC then restart the PC already automatically logs on and starts MP. However there is no option to have the TV service start first thing. I know you can have the last module, but it would be nice to have the TV start first thing on startup. TV would be the first thing I would use on a day to day basis then have to go back if I want to watch a movie. While writing this I was thinking maybe there could be shortcuts or remote key clicks to go right to tv just thinking of an easy way to get someone unfamilar to the tv.:D

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That looks exactly like what I was looking for Thank You Very Much!!! Sometimes there are so many plugins it is really hard to find exactly what you are looking for Thank goodness for forums and great support from fellow MP user.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ hardcorehire : My pleasure! So I can give something back, off what I received ;)

While Autostart looks like a fine plugin, I don't see that it can start TV...

ProcessPlugin that autostarts Fullscreen TV after MediaPortal started. Insteadof TV it also can autostart: EPG, Weather, CD/DVD or a PictureSlideshow.

I don't now what's the Problem?!? Did you had a look to the configuration of the plugin? :confused:

I use it in the same way like hardcorehire described: To start TV independently I left MP. Means if PC is send to hibernate / turned off and resumes/boots, MP start's every time with live TV!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @ hardcorehire : My pleasure! So I can give something back, off what I received ;)

While Autostart looks like a fine plugin, I don't see that it can start TV...

ProcessPlugin that autostarts Fullscreen TV after MediaPortal started. Insteadof TV it also can autostart: EPG, Weather, CD/DVD or a PictureSlideshow.

I don't now what's the Problem?!? Did you had a look to the configuration of the plugin? :confused:

I use it in the same way like hardcorehire described: To start TV independently I left MP. Means if PC is send to hibernate / turned off and resumes/boots, MP start's every time with live TV!

Yes I did, and I had a look at the sourcecode. There are several version of Autostart, this, the most recent, has no TV-Part. Someone must have removed it.

This version does, but is unfortunately incompatible with 1.1.0: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Autostart_fixed

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I did, and I had a look at the sourcecode. There are several version of Autostart, this, the most recent, has no TV-Part. Someone must have removed it.

This version does, but is unfortunately incompatible with 1.1.0: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Autostart_fixed

Well, that's the wrong one, for the current beta/SVN MP! With the one I linked you can start TV. But as far as I remember it's not possible to choose a dedicated channel (like the "original"), TV start's with the last channel you have watched!

Here is the original thread (french forum) : Autostart pour MP 1.1 Alpha

Edit: I just saw that there are comments at the download section, which reports also Problems with TV! I use the version of the thread and it does fine!

The0ne

Portal Member
    October 15, 2009
    How do I use/install/activate this plugin? All I got is a dll-file and source-code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom