"Auto update" or "Refresh" database for Video (1 Viewer)

CiXel

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I can't seem to figure out how to update my video database from within MP when I add new files to my specified directory.
I see an option for music files that will scan and update the database, but I can figure out no other way for video files other then to shut down, goto setup, and re-scan.

Am I missing something here?

How do you guys handle this?

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Pressing F3 will display the IMDB information about the movie or download it if does not exist have a look at the wiki for more information.

CiXel

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
While I know about F3 for getting the information for a single file from the shares view, I guess my question was really related to either "Auto updating" the database akin to that of the Music module (So when scanned if there is a single match it will just be imported directly to the database) or Manually Refreshing the database from within MP (So if I add 1-20 or more files to a video directory I can choose to hit a "refresh database" and it will perform a database rescan similar to that that goes on in MP Setup without having to exit the program each time just to perform a database update)

Unfortunately, I didn't locate any information like this in the wiki.

Janusian

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I too would like to know if there is a way to do this.

How else are people getting their list of videos to update? I am also using the MyTVSeries plugin, and this updates automatically when I add new episodes, yet the movies list does not? Seems strange.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    If you add new movies to the folder, make sure when you have movies in running MP, set to shares view (left arrow to activate menu), you will then see the new file whilst mediaportal is running, either use remote info button, and select imdb or F3 for keyboard.

Hope that helps

Janusian

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I knew it must be something simple! The 'Shares' view is the key. Name is rather ambigious but it does the job.

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom