Tools and other software Auto volume controle. (1 Viewer)

The_NESt

Portal Member
June 15, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is there a program or a plug-in that auto adjust the volume to a general level?

When my kids are playing a movie it's at a low level and they turn the volume up and then they start a game and the volume is weary loud.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is a MP plugin that adjusts the volume differential between different tv channels, but I don't think this influences the movie volume.

If you add either ffdshow audio codec or ac3filter audio codec to video or tv post processing, you can add gain control to increase the gain which will effectively increase the volume. Both those codecs also offer normalisation. You will have to add them to post process so they influence all audio volume levels independent of audio encoding used in the movie.

normailize.png

Ignore the red writing
    audio05.jpg

Video: Post processing , add ffdshow audio or ac3filter

audio02.jpg

Note:

If you use saf codec pack, you will already be using ffdshow audio post processing,
    therefore just click saf -> ffdshow -> ffdshow audio settings.
    Then add a tick to the box next to volume, and increase the gain (master vol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is unmounted again by MP and therefore doesnt show up in the drive any longer. Example: [2023-10-16 18:43:04,367] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Start process C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for all informations, as you know, skin skills is not for me then, this could be (maybe) an improvment for the skin I use. - "the volume increases or decreases by 2 when I press the volume up or down button once." YES, same for me. "There is some weirdness relating to the maximum value displayed. This weirdness may or may not...
    THX for all informations, as you know, skin skills is not for me then, this could be (maybe) an improvment for the skin I use. -...
    Because I wanted to have value in volume OSD like in Windows 11 (without success) : I dig in MP configuration and, found a bug...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom