Auto wake when MANUALLY hibernated (1 Viewer)

ilgaspa

March 2, 2007
Hello everyone! Don't know if it's the right place to post this... it's not a real support request O_ò

I know that from the title of threat it may seem that this is the same question answered in the other hundred forum threads, but please read! It's different.
What I'd like to know is if, in a particular condition, MediaPortal would be able to auto wake and if it's based on a service or not.

In other words...

1) Will media portal record my scheduled shows even if i close its gui?
2) Will media portal wake up automatically from hibernation?
3) And, the different question I can't find answer anywhere else: if I manually hibernate my pc via the start menu, will media portal still be able to wake it up when I've scheduled recordings? the problem is I also use my pc for other things and I fear of "forgetting" mediaportal and turn off my pc from the start menu, thus losing the auto-wake ability.

:D

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I don't see what's different with most of the other post but here is my answer :

MediaPortal is mainly coded to be used on a stand alone HTPC so YOU NEED TO HAVE MP RUNNING in order to have anything recorded.

With the new TV-Server coming you will be able to do these kind of things (just letting the server record your TV show while the MP Client (the front-end) is closed. But atm it's :

1) No
2) Yes but it mainly depends on your motherboard bios and windows configuration and you need MP running when the computer goes to hibernate
3) If MP was running in the systray (minimized) AFAIK yes it should wake-up and record (but you can test this right ?)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PVRScheduler will do all the above, but it requires a DONATION to download.

Personally as much as i love MP, would not run it without PVRS running in the background.

This may all change in the future, but for one PC need a reliable system.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom