Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (2 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't see any obious problem in your logs, I think we should go one step behind. Do you have an iPhone or an ANDROID phone. I think there is an App (from Samsung) called "Samsung Remote". Could you install this App an try if your phone can control your TV?

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't see any obious problem in your logs, I think we should go one step behind. Do you have an iPhone or an ANDROID phone. I think there is an App (from Samsung) called "Samsung Remote". Could you install this App an try if your phone can control your TV?
    @Marcus Venturi
    Hi, I have installed an app called "Sam remote" on iPhone, the app finds the tv, but when I press any button on the app to control tv, I get a message saying "is your tv on and on same wifi network as your tv?", the answer to both is yes

Regards

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @TheBatfink : The attached version for MediaPortal 1.10 should work without patched Core.dll.

@andy_328 : This version has a feature for turning off TV at shutdown and at suspend. You can select it in the settings:

TVOff.jpg

Shutdown works only if you really shut down the system. In case of a reboot the TV remains on. I've tested it with the WebOS Emulator on my Laptop. In both cases the Emulator was properly turned off.

Perhaps other users can also test this feature with their TVs. I implemented it for all supported devices except SonyVP, (because I couldn't find a turn off command in the manual) :)

Attachments

• Auto3D.mpe1
      3.2 MB

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I hope that all other devices work, but I couldn't test them without hardware. :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey Marcus. I have tested it out. Seems to still be working well.

I have also testing the auto off function (although I don't intend to use it).. It works in these places from the MePo homescreen power options:

- Sleep
    - Hibernate
    - Test button in config

It doesn't seem to work however when using the shutdown option in the MePo homescreen power options.

Also attached a new xml. I've found that it's often too fast for the TV (the menus are really slow sometimes, dodgy firmware I guess). Adding a delay between each step seems to be helping. Also added the steps for TAB and 3D conversion. I'm still intermittently having it fail but I think it's because the Wifi on the TV's firmware version is flakey to say the least, need to upgrade to a larger switch and wire it in but it is good for now :)

Thanks

Attachments

• LG.xml
      7.1 KB

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    @Marcus Venturi
    Hi, I have installed an app called "Sam remote" on iPhone, the app finds the tv, but when I press any button on the app to control tv, I get a message saying "is your tv on and on same wifi network as your tv?", the answer to both is yes

Regards
    I did have success controlling my samsung tv with the "Smartview 2" app, maybe something in that app finds my tv?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, now it's clearer. You have a new model from 2014 which seems to have a new protocol. The description of the App says that it's only for 2014 and later models. I will try to find information about the new protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom