AutoCropper plugin (1 Viewer)

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Plug-in updated with horizontal cropping

Just wanted to give heads up to anyone who might have been waiting for the horizontal cropping that I have completed the changes but it will take a while before it is considered to be commited to the SVN. It is based on the latest SVN and thus also include a change of sensitivity that might be useful for some users having problem with noisy broadcasts.

In the meanwhile I guess the the one who dares can overwrite their ProcessPlugins.dll with the one I have built for the latest SVN. If you want the file drop me a PM and include an e-mail adress that i can send the file to.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey, does autocropper when using TVServer/Plug-in vs using built-in TV? I run TVServer/Plug-in and couldn't get any action out of it at all.

Also will it work with h.264 channels?

Also what's the deal with the Manual / Automatic mode?

Do I need to use a particular codec?

Oh btw the "More Information" link in the plug-in doesn't go anyway ;)
    If I can get this working and fully understand it I'll write the wiki page to help newbies like me! ;-)

Cheers,
    mcraenz

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It would be better if the dev of this plug-in answered but I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Hey, does autocropper when using TVServer/Plug-in vs using built-in TV? I run TVServer/Plug-in and couldn't get any action out of it at all.
    I have no knowledge of this, only used the old in-built tv-engine.

Also will it work with h.264 channels?
    Don't know but I can't see why not.

Also what's the deal with the Manual / Automatic mode?
    It's pretty much as it sounds. In manual mode you will have to press a button on your remote everytime you want the plug-in to change crop settings. In automatic mode it will perform the check and crop on it's own according to the settings you have choosen. The reason for this is that the automatic mode can potentially missinterpretate the image and crop too much/little. When you use manual mode you are more in control; on the other hand you will have to press the remote everytime the crop needs to be adjusted. The test material I had when doing som small enhancements to the plug-in had no problem detecting the correct cropp-settings.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where do I go about downloading this plugin?

Also, does any UK user know whether it fixes the small video being displayed by the Discovery channels?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What's the advantage of this plugin in comparison with the ViewModeSwitcher plugin?

The ViewModeSwitcher plugin seems to be a more complete plugin with more options when I take a look at their descriptions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom