[Installation] Automated / Scripted /Silent (1 Viewer)

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to do a silent Automated scripted install of MediaPortal

I've searched and found this forum post (from 2008) which in turn points to wiki article which shows me this setup file
    I did a download setup - so I had all the files local and I can't find this file - I'm guess things have changed?

I installed the mediaportal and there are no nsi files.

if someone can point to where to find this info I'd be grateful (even if it is just to say use switch X or filename Y)

Alister

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

I am also very intereted in an automated way to deploy MediaPortal since I have a lot of machines running towards a TV server and every now and then the Kids trash their PC:s and a reinstallation is necessary.

Best regards

//Ulf

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was just gonna submit such an idea. The thing is Reinstalling Mepo is not quite as fun as it should be. Especially if you have to do it over and over again. Even more so if you have to do it on your single seat pc with all the extension and you have to relink all the movies for example in Moving Pictures or in MP Tv-series... this is really not fun. Also scanning manually for your satellite channels takes a long time. If you know how and what is to be configured it would be much easier to safe a sort of skript, which goes through those files and settings installs the extensions and configures them accordingly...
    I imagine it as this: Tool (GUI) with which you can setup a simple text file in which the installation infos settings etc are safed. If the MePo Setup starts it checks for the file and if found continues with the installation according to the file...
    Even better would be if there would be an option to create a second text file which according to the main file sets up client installations

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom