[Videos] Automatic disable ffdshow subtitles (1 Viewer)

IBRS

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Automatic disable ffdshow subtitles when MediaPortal run
and re enable ffdshow subtitles when MediaPortal exit
I use ffdshow subtitles in media player to check subtitles sometimes
So I need disable ffdshow subtitles each time I run MediaPortal, to not see duplicate subtitles

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Why don't you just use ffdshow subtitles for mediaportal? I cannot remember if it's added for alpha release, but it is most definitely working great for 1.2 beta!
You can choose between 3 subtitles engine now. If you use MPC in mediaportal and still have ffshow enabled you will see double subtitles. If you just choose ffdshow subtitle engine everything is ok :)

But if you still want to you can find one of the plugins to execute stuff at startup/shutdown of mediaportal and just enabled/disable that particular regedit string for ffdshow.
(sorry can't remember plugins or where string is)

IBRS

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
ffdshow subtitles in MediaPortal quality is not great at all, compare to MediaPortal subtitle engine
and I don't have control on ffdshow subtitles from remote, like disable subtitles or skip to another language.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I don't have control on ffdshow subtitles from remote, like disable subtitles or skip to another language.
Sure you can do this with remote. Mine works perfecly :)

There has been many changes to this to work flawless by Sebastii
0003345: FFDShow Fix Subtitle setting - MediaPortal Bugtracker
0003289: DVD subtitles broken after recent FFDshow subtitles patch - MediaPortal Bugtracker
0003219: Add support for FFDShow Subtitle and PostProcessing - MediaPortal Bugtracker

What Mediaportal version is you using? Beta is just around the door now.

Mind to tell why quality isn't that great?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
To have good looking FFDshow subtitles in all apps, video frame need to be upscale/downscale to your screen resolution after decoding first, then subtitles must be put in to picture, then render.
In this case, subtitles are perfect, looking the same undepended on video source (SD, HD, FullHD, etc...).
By some unknown reason, if there is resize enabled in FFDshow, Meda Player have problem with AR...

If your remote support key mapping, you can map it to FFDshow remote control engine to show/hide subtitles and switch between subtitles/audio tracks.

IBRS

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
I uploaded samples
You can zoom on subtitle location and see

Attachments

• ffdshowSubtitles.jpg
    ffdshowSubtitles.jpg
    275.9 KB
  • mediaPortalSubtitles.jpg
    mediaPortalSubtitles.jpg
    289.5 KB

IBRS

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
This works automatically if you have MCE remote btw. No need to "special map" stuff.

That not ffdshow subtitles, that MediaPlayer Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) subtitles engine
You can see this from configuration

Attachments

• sub_config.jpg
    sub_config.jpg
    83.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I think you will be happy with 1.2.0Beta :) FFDShow Engine is integrate and you can choose it in menu and working with remote like it works with MPC Engine, and like Hoborg said, you can have very high quality sub.
    Sebastiii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom