Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Country flag
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_14.12_Performance/2.html

AMD Fluid Motion Video

"The second major feature introduced is AMD Fluid Motion Video. This is a highly specific feature, which works to smooth Blu-ray playback, using Cyberlink PowerDVD 14. There's no other software that we know of, which can take advantage of this feature, at this point. The feature uses GPU compute to interpolate "inferred" frames with real frames in a Blu-ray playback, to increase the frame-rate of the video, and in turn, its overall smoothness. It can be enabled in Catalyst Control Center, and it comes with a slider."

Anyone could investigate also with Lav codec developers to know about this feature?

New on R7

54872a0d3f261.png

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_14.12_Performance/2.html

AMD Fluid Motion Video

"The second major feature introduced is AMD Fluid Motion Video. This is a highly specific feature, which works to smooth Blu-ray playback, using Cyberlink PowerDVD 14. There's no other software that we know of, which can take advantage of this feature, at this point. The feature uses GPU compute to interpolate "inferred" frames with real frames in a Blu-ray playback, to increase the frame-rate of the video, and in turn, its overall smoothness. It can be enabled in Catalyst Control Center, and it comes with a slider."

Anyone could investigate also with Lav codec developers to know about this feature?

New on R7

Isn't this just the same horrible feature that removes the whole cinematic look of 24fps movies with "smooth playback" options in newer LED TVs? I've never seen this myself (not had any reason to buy a new TV since my Panasonic plasma set still rocks), but I've heard cinema buffs say it makes film material look like cheap, digital behind-the-scenes clips.

Emph

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Country flag
    Isn't this just the same horrible feature that removes the whole cinematic look of 24fps movies with "smooth playback" options in newer LED TVs? I've never seen this myself (not had any reason to buy a new TV since my Panasonic plasma set still rocks), but I've heard cinema buffs say it makes film material look like cheap, digital behind-the-scenes clips.
    Emph

Probably. I've a Panasonic plasma too, an ST60 and I set the 24P refresh rate. but for a monitor PC that have for sure a 60 HZ refresh rate could be a good option to choose as the Mad VR's smooth feature . But I don't know if it works. I'll try soon.

P.S. : Fluid Motion Video, it doesn't work using simply using Dxva (no frame rate changing occour 24p-->60 Hz.-> 30p)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread