Automatic scanning of movie shares (1 Viewer)

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi there,

As it seems there is no way in RC4 to automatically add new movies from shares I did something on my end. So far it is only a few minutes of work, so it's definitively basic.

The plugin scans movie shares every 10 seconds, and for every file the Database proclaim not having any info, it creates a basic IMDBFile with the file name as title. That's it.
As far as I tried, the new movies appear in the MyVideo listings, then you just have to go for a manual update within Mediaportal to get more info about the movie.

Hope this will be useful to someone. I'll debug it and probably add some configuration options if requested. I could as well send up the source, even if it is *really* simple

Update

Updated with the v2 :
* Now the plugin uses the movie database IMDB scripts set in the main MP configuration to retrieve informations about the movies automatically.
* I added a configuration screen as well with basic options, and some regex for the onlin movie matching (sorry I know that's not particularily user friendly...). The default regex uses the filename without extension as a match for IMDB.
* Added some protection. I think with the first version a database corruption could have occured if MP was closed in a bad timing. This should no longer happen.

I'll take any bug/enhancement feedback in account :)

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Home Country
France France
I tried MyFilms, and you know it if you remind of me Zebons (we were in contact). It doesn't fit my needs for various reasons like the fact you can't use no longer the "watched" flag of MP, because I prefer the standard GUI, and I would have used ant movie catalog expressively for MyFilms support, actually kind of annoying.

I wanted an autoscan, nothing more, nothing less. In a more general purpose - we already discussed that in private with zebons - I don't like the idea of an I-do-a-lot-of-stuff plugin. I'm more a minimalistic fan, so I can combine them exactly to fit my needs. And I was unable to find that out there.

Since my previous post I added some stuff to grab automatically the info through the IMDB scripts configured in the Configuration of MP. Let's say I'll update the binary if someone asks for it :)

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Home Country
France France
I'm not sure to understand what you're saying, it doesn't work for you, is that it ?
Be more specific if you want me to be able to do something, "it doesn't work" is not enough to find out your problem. So describe be clearly what you do, what you expect from the plugin and what really happens.

matjazr

Portal Member
December 19, 2008
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
yea i was expect from this plugin to automaticly on 10 seconds find new movies and give them pictures (covers) and the other things from IMDB ;)

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Home Country
France France
Well, it should be the case with the V2 I posted. The plugin should detect movie files for which you have no info in the MP database. And for those files, it should take the filename without the extension as a feed for the IMDB scripts you set in the MP Configuration panel. Then, it chooses among all titles found online the best match using its own algorythm. To grab IMDB info I'm using a customized version of the Allocine.fr IMDB script and it works really fine (sometimes of course the plugin chooses the wrong movie info, but that's really not possible to fix entirely).

Did you setup a script to grab movie info in the movie part of MP Configuration ? And if yes, are you naming your movie files with a nice name, like "There will be Blood.avi" ? If not, I could post the latest AutoScan version, in which you can enter a regex to get the search string from filename. But maybe you're not familiar with regex...

Maybe I can help you further if you give me the Mediaportal.log file with MP configured in DEBUG log level. But if you want to do that, assure it contains logs from adding files, so delete all movies you don't get IMDB info for before running MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom