"automatically acquire mediainfo details in movies" kills all video playback (1 Viewer)

DGalt

Portal Pro
November 23, 2010
I just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention since I've been fighting with this all weekend and finally figured out that this setting was (at least seemingly) what was causing my issues.

basically, if that setting (which is in the advanced settings for moving pictures) is set to true, I don't get any video playback whatsoever through either Moving Pictures or MP-TV Series.

I'm on my third fresh install for the weekend, and after configuring MP-TV series I checked to make sure playback was working, and it was. I then imported my movie library into Moving Pictures, and video playback stopped working. What I mean by that is, everything about MP works until I go to play a video file. As soon as I try to play it, MP freezes, becoming completely nonresponsive.

After setting "automatically acquire mediainfo details in movies" to False, everything is running fine again.

I've attached a log file from after the last time MP froze.

I'm currently running MP 1.1.2, but this also occurred in MP 1.2.0 Alpha (although I didn't have the issue with 1.1.1....but I wasn't using the most current version of Moving Pictures at that time).

Again, just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Are you missing MediaInfo.dll in your binary directory, I see this in your log:

Code:
    Error [    MediaInfoWrapper]: MediaInfo processing failed ('MediaInfo.dll' may be missing): Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

It should be located here:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\

Rusman

September 6, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, new mp user here. I installed Moving Pictures and I believe I have this same issue. Using the default viewer, the movie was very quick to play. Using Moving Pictures, it takes many seconds to load the movie screen and once there, it is very, very laggy. It then takes me a couple of minutes to get the movie to play. Once it plays, it plays nicely and there is no lag, but the response basically makes the plugin unusable.

I did replace the .dll file as recommended, but that did not make a difference in my case.

I thought I'd add that my system is a fresh install of XP SP3, Nvidia MX4000 with latest drivers from Nvidia for that card, P4 single core 2.8Ghz.

Hyrules

Portal Member
    September 4, 2011
    In fact that is my solution as i posted it on the issue tracker and yes it should work. But Rusman problem seems to be a little bit different from mine. I wasnt able to play anything at all MP was locking up solid. His problem might be different.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nvidia MX4000 with latest drivers from Nvidia for that card

Bet its the amount of graphics memory on that card, 128mb max, most had 64mb, really does slow down MP all round.

ps. its only directx8.1 not directx 9.0c compatible, so amazed it even works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom