Automatically add new videos to database ? (1 Viewer)

bobjr94

January 8, 2010
Roy, WA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a setting or plug-in that will monitor media folders and automatically add new videos to the database ? The old software I use to use (Tvidia) did that and it made it much easier. Upon start-up it would find and new files and add them to the database. Problem was it had not been updated in several years now and has a few bugs on Win 7.

Also, can I set it to just use a thumbnail from the video and file name, and not try and do an imdb search for each file. It gets to many wrong or gets confused, then I have to do it manually.

MediaPortal Version: 1.02
MediaPortal Skin: Dark Glass
Windows Version: Win 7 X64
CPU Type: Athlon 4850E (2500 X2)
HDD: 1TB + 320GB
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: GA-MA78GM-S2HP
Video Card: ATI 5750
Video Card Driver: 9.12
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: Coax out AC3/DTS
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: 47" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

pcnut_uk

Portal Member
January 14, 2010
Home Country
England England
I have been using the moving pictures plugin here for my movies and you can tell it to look in your video source folder for thumbnails or you can use larger jpg's and just view as a list within the plugin, it can also add backdrops or use them from your video folder. I have kept all my videos in seperate folders.
For best results on imdb lookups you have to be very precise on your video file naming as an example if you had a file called "Judgment Day" it could auto choose the wrong default but if you called it "Terminator 2 Judgment Day" you will get it first time, alternativley their will be a drop down box shown for each file and 95% of the time they are listed if not just change the file name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom