Autoplay a DVD (1 Viewer)

samrad

Portal Member
January 25, 2007
This might sound like an odd request, but is there any way to get mediaportal to autoplay the dvd in the drive when the application launches, without having to click play dvd?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal's, good, but it ain't physcic, it does need to be running ,and then if you insert DVD it can be set to autoplay.

samrad

Portal Member
    January 25, 2007
    sorry, I'm just not explaining well

1. pc boots
    2. mediaportal launches
    3. mediaportal plays whatever DVD is in the drive

I am stuck at 3 :)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As Paranoid Delusion said above - MediaPortal has to be running first, and then when you insert a DVD, it will automagically play (assuming that you have this option configured in MediaPortal Setup).

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    here you go:

mp.JPG

samrad

Portal Member
    January 25, 2007
    media portal *is* running, the bit I want is for it to play the DVD that is *already* in the the drive without having to insert it to detect

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Solved with 1.34. Somehow I managed to install part 32 bit and part 64 bit. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled and now DVDs play faultlessly.
    Solved with 1.34. Somehow I managed to install part 32 bit and part 64 bit. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled and now DVDs...
    I'm running Mediaportal 1.33 on Windows 11 Home 23H2. If I try to play a DVD after watching TV or movies, all I get is a grey...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
    Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
    Replies
    Views
    @Pablik I finally got back to this, and I got it working. What I did was this. I intended to copy the UHD-BR disc to my local hard drive, so I put the disc in the drive, and then brought up MakeMKV. In MakeMKV I went through the initial steps to copy the UHD-BR disc to my drive, and while MakeMKV was parsing the disc, I noticed a...
    @Pablik I finally got back to this, and I got it working. What I did was this. I intended to copy the UHD-BR disc to my local hard...
    I just uninstalled AnyDVDHD due to RedFox being no longer reachable, and I have taken the MakeMKV route described in this thread...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.31.0 Cannot view Changelog anymore DE
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to determine if this update is necessary for my system or not. Today I wanted to check the Changelog for version 1.34 (1.31 installed on my system) and I was asked for a “Jira” login. I tried to use the same one as...
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
    Replies
    Views
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
    So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom