Autotune crash with Pinnacle PCTV 452e (2 Viewers)

Realkane

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: Athlon X2
    Video Card: GF8600GT
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV 452e USB

When I do the autotune on the Ku-Band with the default configuration, I got the message, that MediaPortal Configuration produced an error and the programm crashed.

Realkane

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to debug the error. The problem while this debugging is, that the debugger doesn't find the assembly and also running with the debugger in background, it will not recognize the crash. So, the error seams to be produced outside the configuration tool. I commented out "_captureCard.StoreTunedChannels" on line 256 in DVBSTuning.cs. Now, the scan process is running much times faster and doesn't crash anymore.... (I scaned 3 times).
    I hope, one of the developers will read this and has an idea, what this could be.

Christian

So, I debugged again and found some problems.
    On line 3209 and followed in DVBGraphBase.cs there are variables called "_scanPidListReady" and "_scanPidList". The access to this variables must me syncronised with a critical section, else the application could crash.
    Adding the tv and radio channels to the group lists (around line 3700) could also make problems (on my PC, they does). But, I was unable to find out why. I hope, a developer of the persistence-code can take a look on that.

Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom