Avermedia TwinStar A825 (AF9015 BDA Filter) can't mux 2 channels from same stream (1 Viewer)

feizex

Portal Member
July 26, 2009
Home Country
Hi Guys,

I have an Avermedia TwinStar A825 (AF9015 BDA Filter) USB dual tuner.

AVerMedia AVerTV Global - AVerTV TV Tuners and Multimedia Products - AVerTV TwinStar

The problem that I have is that I can't record 2 channels from the same stream (sorry if terminology is incorrect).

EG. Record ABC1 and ABC2 should take only one tuner.

Mediaportal finds both tuners and lists them as "AF9015 BDA Filter" and "AF9015 BDA Filter 2".

I can record 2 shows, but it requires 2 tuners.

When it tries to record 2 channels from the one stream MP is smart enought to realise that it can demux them from the one tuner. It lists both as recording from the one card (filter or filter 2), BUT it does not record the second one.

If it is recording 2 shows and a 3rd starts recording from one of the same streams, that other show will stop recording when the new one starts.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone advise what the issue may be and how I can fix it? :D

Thanks,
Feizex.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I run another AF9015 dongle (a Kworld 399U) in my Vista32 + MP 1.0.2 system - it works OK.

Attached are some generic AF9015 drivers which I use (from the chip manufacturer) which might be worth a try...
    (you'll need to manually install these from Device Manager)

Tony

Attachments

• AF9010_9015.8.6.24.1.zip
      30.7 KB

feizex

Portal Member
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    could not load driver

Hi,

I couldn't load the driver.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi,

I couldn't load the driver.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

What happens when you try to update/load the driver ?

Otherwise, collect & attach logs covering a period when the problem occurs, and update/enable display of your system specs in the forum - see the links in my sig below for how to do this.

Tony

feizex

Portal Member
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    driver

I can't load the driver because it says it is not for my hardware. I did try another AF9015 driver and modded the HW string in it to let me install it. That resulted in a blue screen.

I can't find anything to confirm that the A825 is in fact has an AF9015 chip. I only have anecdotal evidence that MediaPortal recognises it as AF9015.

Can you point me in the right direction for capturing logs? [EDIT - sorry, just looked at your sig :) ]

Thanks,
    Feizex.

I just checked that link on how to post logs. Since my problem is with MP TV service and not the MP App, will it capture the correct logs?

feizex

Portal Member
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

I contacted AverMedia Support. They were surprisingly helpful once I got past the stock standard reply.

They advised that A825 has AF9035 chip.

I googled and found a BDA driver for AF9035 here:

Portable TV, Portable Freeview TV, Portable LCD TV, Portable Digital TV, Portable Handheld TV
    http://www.augustint.com/download/Software/DVB-T201-V2.0/AF9035 BDA Driver for Windows XP Vista.rar

I will test this later and advise.

I am curious as to whether Mediaportal will recognise AF9035.

Regards,
    Feizex.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I can't load the driver because it says it is not for my hardware. I did try another AF9015 driver and modded the HW string in it to let me install it. That resulted in a blue screen.

I can't find anything to confirm that the A825 is in fact has an AF9015 chip. I only have anecdotal evidence that MediaPortal recognises it as AF9015.

The "AF9015 BDA Filter" and "AF9015 BDA Filter 2" names are in the driver .inf file e.g. 'AVerAF35.FriendlyName = "AF9015 BDA Filter"', but I notice it's the same in the AF9035 drivers you found too....

I just checked that link on how to post logs. Since my problem is with MP TV service and not the MP App, will it capture the correct logs?

The MP log collector will collect both MP app and TV server logs.

Tony

feizex

Portal Member
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Still not working - logs attached

Hi,

I have attached logs.

I have a Leadtek Winfast DTV 2000H too and now have that exhibiting same issue about same channel recording, but intermittently.

Interestingly yesterday it worked fine once for 2 + 2 channels on the A825 (AF9035). As in I was able to record (ABC1 & ABC2) + (ONE Digital & TEN Digital).

Today I ran it with 3 tuners. The A9035 USB dual tuner and Winfast tuner. I had it record 2 + 2 + 2 unsuccessfully (ABC1 & ABC2) + (ONE Digital & TEN Digital) + (NINE Digital & GO!).

Here's the split:
    ABC1 - AF - Bowls QLD - working
    ABC2 - AF - Rage guest - not working
    One digital - AF2 - Live Cyling - working
    Ten digital - AF2 - - ten news - working
    Go! - WF - The Nanny - working
    Nine Digital - WF - Premier Documentary - not working

I opened mediaportal and could not view the channels that were not working.

Please have a look at the logs and advise.

Thanks,
    Feizex.

Attachments

• recording 6 channels2!.PNG
      recording 6 channels2!.PNG
      36.4 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    There are a lot of "WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 10 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?" errors in the tvserver_tv.log - have you tried increasing the PMT timeout (see TV-Server/Configuration/GeneralSettings - MediaPortal Manual Documentation) ?

Have you got this installed - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/patch-dvb-tuner-issue-channel-scan-crash-windows-xp-6344/ ?

There are directshow filters listed in the dxdiag.txt file for Avermedia/GB-PVR/Leadtek - are you sure that nothing else is trying to access the tuners ?

Tony

feizex

Portal Member
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Tony,

OK. Had the DLLs, ran the BAT again and restarted. No joy. Changed PMT to 20 sec. Still no joy.

Here's the odd thing. It refuses to record NINE Digital at all.

I did a test and only recorded NINE and it won't work. It won't timeshift either.

Since you mentioned PMT, I looked in log and found the following...

tvserver_TsWriter.Log
    18-10-2009 08:56:07.41 service_id=1057
    18-10-2009 08:56:07.41 pmtgrabber: got pmt 100 sid:421
    18-10-2009 08:56:07.41 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch 1057 != 1

Any idea what it means?

BTW, thanks for your assistance. =)

Regards,
    Feizex.

[EDIT] Could be related to this bug?
    0002422: TSWriter doesnt dynamically change the PMT pid - MediaPortal Bugtracker

[EDIT2]
    Tried rescanning channels - didn't help.

[EDIT3]
    Edited Service ID of CH NINE from 1057 to 1 and it WORKED! I could watch NINE. This was after Rescan. So rescan does not fix problem!

Attachments

• changed NINE serviceID from 1057 to 1.PNG
      changed NINE serviceID from 1057 to 1.PNG
      86.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom