AverTV Volar Go Analog USB w/ composite video (1 Viewer)

Kanak1025

August 23, 2010
Home Country
India India
Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to HTPC. But I read quite bit about HTPC s/w and selected MP.

I am trying out Mediaportal on my laptop. Based on the outcome I am planning to move to Atom D510MO system later.My laptop is a HPG670-463CL Noteboook PC. I am using AverTV Volar Go Analog USB card with composite input (have an external settop box). It is not in the list of supported cards. But MP recognizes the card and I added composite video input as CVBS #1 with Audio selection as automatic.

When I try live TV - some times it gives out only audio without any video. Other times it complains no audio/video detected. For testing purpose I am feeding composite video from a DVD player.

Ran Mediaplayer in debugmode application (when there was no video and audio) and attached the log files here.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,
Kanak

Kanak1025

August 23, 2010
Home Country
India India
Hi Graemef,

I got this one working partially. After experimenting with few codecs, it finally started working ffd* codec with one issue though.
It plays both audio and video but it stops (freezes) after few mins. I tried few options but nothing seems to work so far. Planning to re-install after and check it out. Will post here if I have any update.

Thanks,
Kanak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom