[b]Remote[/b]: Toshiba MCE Remote Control PX1246E-1ETC (1 Viewer)

ruimegas

December 18, 2006
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to congratulate all the devellopers of this amazing piece of software MP.

Secondly as I'm brand new in this area, I would like to ask some support in order to use to the full my recently acquired Toshiba MCE Remote Control PX1246E-1ETC.

The package says that is fully comply with the MCE but when I choose the MCE remote in the configuration only the direction buttons and the clear button are ok.

I try to enter the mapping but I didn't found a way of configuring the rest of the buttons accordingly.

In the meantime i saw that the remote is a X10 RF kinf of remote and when i tried to choose the X10 option I could use more buttons like the ones that control the movies funtions but the direction buttons always jump twice.

In resume I need some help. If someone could provide it to me it would be very appreciated.

Thank You in advance

Rui

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Plug in your receiver, enable MCE remote in config, check "Extended Logging" and make sure you log in "Debug Mode" (config/general).
Start MP, exit it, put your MediaPortal.log (%ProgramFiles%/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/log/MediaPortal.log) to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com and post a backlink here.

Unplug your receiver, start MP, exit it and post that log here as well.

After that we'll see what we can do.

ruimegas

December 18, 2006
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Plug in your receiver, enable MCE remote in config, check "Extended Logging" and make sure you log in "Debug Mode" (config/general).
Start MP, exit it, put your MediaPortal.log (%ProgramFiles%/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/log/MediaPortal.log) to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com and post a backlink here.

Unplug your receiver, start MP, exit it and post that log here as well.

After that we'll see what we can do.

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Yesterday after hundreds of tryings and even if the remote says mce comply, I realise that this remote is a X10 type and amazingly he started to work almost 100% fine when I choose the first option of the X10 type of remotes (sorry I don't remember the type because I'm not near the laptop (Toshiba M60-146), except by the fact the he jumps twice the option when I press up or down.

I realise that this problem as to do with the ATI software control witch I remove from the remove programs option, but then I MP didn't start because of some direct3d conflicts.

Question: Can anyone help me in get ride of the jump twice when enter the MP

Thank you in advance

alanmoore

Portal Member
August 31, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, guys! Wonderful job. The Media Portal software is great, and also is this forum.

However, I can't make my remote work properly. It has "double click" problems like those described above, although the double click bug doesn't appear after hybernation; it is there from the start, always. My remote is also a X10 controller (Toshiba MCE PX1246E-1ETC). I've tried the solution proposed in the link above, but when I execute de first batch file my remote stops working, even after installing the firefly driver. Do I have to try with another driver?

Help very much appreciated. It's the only one thing that doesn't work properly in my Media Portal media center.

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 (2006-12-21)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Core2 - 6300 @ 1.86GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: FD32V10 (Shuttle Inc)
TV Card Model: AverTV Hybrid+FM Volar
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Intel(r) 82945g Express Chipset Family (224 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/pastebin.php?show=12974

eboman

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Hi, guys! Wonderful job. The Media Portal software is great, and also is this forum.

However, I can't make my remote work properly. It has "double click" problems like those described above, although the double click bug doesn't appear after hybernation; it is there from the start, always. My remote is also a X10 controller (Toshiba MCE PX1246E-1ETC). I've tried the solution proposed in the link above, but when I execute de first batch file my remote stops working, even after installing the firefly driver. Do I have to try with another driver?

Help very much appreciated. It's the only one thing that doesn't work properly in my Media Portal media center.

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 (2006-12-21)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Core2 - 6300 @ 1.86GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: FD32V10 (Shuttle Inc)
TV Card Model: AverTV Hybrid+FM Volar
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Intel(r) 82945g Express Chipset Family (224 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/pastebin.php?show=12974

Hi All,

I got the same problem as this user, some buttons (not all) double click, atleast okay and left and right which make it very hard to use..

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, and welcome to the forums.

We need more specs etc. (MP ver., HW - esp. remote type).

In general:
    Try disabling "General HID" under setup-> remote
    Make sure that there are no 3.-part remtoe software running
    Are you using IR server suite?
    ^might be a good idea.

alanmoore

Portal Member
    August 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you for your response.

In general:
    Try disabling "General HID" under setup-> remote

I've always had the "general HID" option disabled.

Are you using IR server suite?

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "IR server suite".

I've avoided the problem by doing the following, It's not the ideal solution and i'ts actually a bit tough to setup, but it's the only way it worked for me. In the setup->remote menu I didn't choose the X10 remote, but the Windows MCE remote. That's because by doing that the "double click" issue disappeared. The problem is that this Toshiba remote is not really a Windows MCE remote, so the only buttons that work well if we choose that option are the direction buttons. To setup the rest of the buttons I had to use Girder. That's how I could use the play/pause, stop, full screen, etc. functions with my remote. As you can see, it's not a good solution, but it's the only one I could think of.

I haven't actually upgraded to the MP 0.2.3 version, so I don't know if the double click problem has been solved in the new version or not. Maybe some of you can give me an answer about it.

Thanks.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    alanmoore, if it's a MCE clone it should work fine with latest MP or it should be possible to make it work(just some id needed)....

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom