Back drops in Music section (1 Viewer)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi together,

some days ago I switched from Streamed MP to Black Glass. Great Skin!

In the Black Glaas screen shots I saw back drops in the music section. How do I get them?

Is there any functionality such as in tv series?

Thanks

Juro

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi together,

some days ago I switched from Streamed MP to Black Glass. Great Skin!

In the Black Glaas screen shots I saw back drops in the music section. How do I get them?

Is there any functionality such as in tv series?

Thanks

Juro
    Backdrops and fanart support is still in early stages.

To use fanart in music playing screens (MusicPlaying, MyLyrics, MusicPlaylist) just drop a jpg file in folder "Media\Fanart\Music\Artists" and rename it with the name of the artist (e.g. "U2.jpg"). To use fanart in standard music screens (MusicSongs, MusicGenres) drop a jpg file in folder "Media\Fanart\Music\Titles" and rename it with the name of the folder or the item you wish the fanart for (e.g. "No line on the horizon.jpg"). To use fanart in video screens (Video and VideoTitles) drop a jpg file in folder "Media\Fanart\Video\Titles" and rename it with the name the video (e.g. "Meet Dave.jpg").

I'm still investigatin whether developing a new plugin for fanart or using X-factor fanart plugin.

Thanks

Tgx

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I'm still investigatin whether developing a new plugin for fanart or using X-factor fanart plugin.

Thanks

Tgx

hi Tgx ! do i got your meaning corect ..? you consider to develop a new plugin for fanart ? that cool ..

just to give you some info ,i use Xfactor plugin in Black Glass skin and it's work more or lass o.k .... it is a process plugin not window plugin ... but i see in xfactor thred that cul8er will update the plugin to handle all fanart like artist,pictur,game,movie...

if you will mack a new fanart plugin it will be window plugin or process plugin ?

Thank's,

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Tgx i was just looking today at this stuff but a weird thing happen to me. i added some pics in the fanart directory(skin\black glass\media\fanart) where there is ur original u2.jpg pic but the only fanart i can see is that u added, have to enable something? or some cache to delete? i added for istance a Madonna.jpg but the fanart is not shown.

THX for the great job on the skin

Ale

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Tgx i was just looking today at this stuff but a weird thing happen to me. i added some pics in the fanart directory(skin\black glass\media\fanart) where there is ur original u2.jpg pic but the only fanart i can see is that u added, have to enable something? or some cache to delete? i added for istance a Madonna.jpg but the fanart is not shown.

Ale

hi , you have to rename the jpg picture same as your artist name tag , see screenshot ...

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Ale

hi , you have to rename the jpg picture same as your artist name tag , see screenshot ...

Thx for ur help ysmp!
    i checked the tag and is correct. So i was curious to find out this issue. i did some tests and i resolved the problem copying the fanart in the title directory instead on the artist, for some reason seems that it read there and not in the artist.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Ale

Thx for ur help ysmp i checked the tag and is correct. So i was curios to find out this issue i did some tests and i resolved the problem copying the fanart in the title directory instead on the artist, for some reason seems that it read there.

strange for me i have abut 250 defrent artist ,in my music collection and allmost all have fanart and no problem all view o.k for me ..

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Ale

Thx for ur help ysmp i checked the tag and is correct. So i was curios to find out this issue i did some tests and i resolved the problem copying the fanart in the title directory instead on the artist, for some reason seems that it read there.

strange for me i have abut 250 defrent artist ,in my music collection and allmost all have fanart and no problem all view o.k for me ..

Yup i agree with u that is a strange behaviour i also tested it in another computer with a mp 1.1.0.0 and i ve same effect, fanarts are showed only if in title directory from the artist view of music.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yup i agree with u that is a strange behaviour i also tested it in another computer with a mp 1.1.0.0 and i ve same effect, fanarts are showed only if in title directory from the artist view of music.

Using mymusic page the skin uses the "Title" folder.
    Using MusicPlaying, MyLyrics, MusicPlaylist pages the skin uses the "Artist" folder.

If in MusicPlaying, MyLyrics, MusicPlaylist pages fanart does not work is surely a tag/database problem.

Thanks

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom