Back To Back recordings fail on DVB-T (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Tv-Card- DVB-T Twinhan 3040 with cam
Latest svn (070919)
Number of TvCards: ONE

When two recording are back to back, the second recording fail. In some cases the second recording only records the post rec time and in some cases it doesn't record anything.

In the log below the channels are different and they are not on the same transponder.

My pre and post rec times are two minutes.

below are the recordings:
SVT1 9:30 10:00 Globalisering-SVT1-2007-09-19-09_30.ts
TV3 9:50 10:40 Våra bästa år-TV3-2007-09-19-09_50.ts (only 2 min long)

PS:will try to repro other cases, example, same transponder, same channels and so on.:DS

Regards
Lasse

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I have seen the same bug when only one tuner is available.

What seems to happen with the TVSERVER logic is the second recording starts before the first has ended, the tvserver switches channel correctly and starts recording the second channel BUT hasn't removed the schedule details for the first recording.

When the first recording (which infact has stop'd) schedule ends the TVSERVER stops the recording that is now going which is the second schedule.

Your resulting files are the first recording ended early by the second recodring and the second recording which is just the length of the overlap between the two.

The tuner is also locked to the second recording schedule (even though NO recording is happening) as this schedule is still active.

What is needed is the option to ignore pre/post on back to back recordings for a single tuner (this option I beleive is available in the standard TVe2 MP)

Or remove the first schedule if it is interupted overriden by a second schedule on the same tuner.

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    Do we need more info/input to get it into mantis or is it not necessary cause somebody is already working on it?

The ONLY back to back that seems to work is when the recordings are on the same channels.

//Lasse

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i will test it this afternoon with my Nova-T.
    if i am able to reproduce it, then i will add it to mantis :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank u. I just think its an important issue that's why I push it.
    something is fucked there.

because i have encountered an even way more weird issue yesterday with 3 scheduled recordings.
    maybe its all caused by the same bug.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom