Backdrop Export? (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What is the chance to have an export utility in Moving Pictures Config to export the found backdrops (full size) to another folder with just the movie name (including spaces and file type) to move to the fanart folder of the skin to use in MyVideo. MyVideo fanart controls use the Title to load backdrops. It is tedious, to say the least, to copy and rename the backdrop file to use elsewhere, especially if you have a couple hundred or more movies in Moving Pictures.

Thanks,

Chuck

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    No, sorry, but this will never happen. We will not be writing enhancements for other plug-ins, we have enough on our plate just with Moving Pictures. We wrote an importer to pull in cover art from MyVideos, but this is to help people easily migrate to Moving Pictures. If you want MyVideos to be able to pull backdrops from Moving Pictures, fine. But you should be asking the MyVideos team to write this not us. Moving Pictures is not intended to be a tool to download artwork for your other apps.

All that being said, the naming convention for backdrops in Moving Pictures is pretty simple, and we already have logic in the code to pull in old backdrops from the thumbs folder. This could be adapted to MyVideos easily if they wanted to do it.

Sorry 2BitSculptor, I know that is probably not the response you wanted to hear, but it is the way it is. We are in the business of improving and promoting our own software. Not making it easier to use the competition.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Not a problem... I was pretty sure that would be your answer (and understandable) ... just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. ;) (might inspire someone else)

Myself, I use Moving Pictures exclusively for my Movies... I pretty much keep MyVideos just for my transcoded TV programs and some 3D graphics and sculpting tutorials I recorded from VHS.

Besides, it wouldn't work for names that included ":" anyway (there seems to be a lot of those)

best regards,

Chuck

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    If anyone wants to tackle this in the MyVideos (or MyFilms) code, PM me and I will point you to some relevant stuff in the Moving Pics code that would make things easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom