Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello Community!

Is it possible to import Backdrops already stored on HD, like the Cover Importer?

Best Regards
    Helios

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Norway Norway
    It auto grabs backdrops from this folder: c:\docs&settings\all users\application data\team mp\mediaportal\thumbs\moving pictures\backdrops\fullsize\"IMDBNUMBER".jpg

It supports .jpg/.png/.bmp, and they have to be named with tt123456 (the movies imdb ID).

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello Darre!

I know that, but i isn't there an option like for DVD-Covers to set another path to the Backdrop?

Best Regards
    Helios

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    United States of America United States of America
    In advanced settings you can configure the path in which backdrops are stored (and pulled from for the local scanner, like what Darre was describing). You can only have one path set here though.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello Darre, hello John!

It auto grabs backdrops from this folder: c:\docs&settings\all users\application data\team mp\mediaportal\thumbs\moving pictures\backdrops\fullsize\"IMDBNUMBER".jpg

It supports .jpg/.png/.bmp, and they have to be named with tt123456 (the movies imdb ID).
    But whats about DVDs or movies, they aren't listed in IMDB or other Databases? I have a lot of DVDs here, they are not listed (or i don't find them)! Most of them are classical Music, like this one:

Best Regards
    Helios

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Norway Norway
    Open up your Mov Pic config, select your movie in the DB, and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see something like "path to backdrop", in there you can specify any .jpg/.bmp/.png you want. I used this method to get backdrops for any custom movies I had. I think you can grab pictures from anywhere you want, even "c:\yourimage.jpg", but I like to put them all in the standard moving pictures backdrop folder.

Good luck =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    L TV-Series unvollständiger Import Plugins & Erweiterungen 5
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    C Importer works super slow My TVSeries 5
    C Imported media doesn't show up immediately? General 1
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
    B xmltv - cannot import tvguide.xml australia Installation, configuration support 0
    B [solved] tvguide.xml not importing australian channels Electronic Program Guide 10
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    thepahakurki TVDB import not working My TVSeries 3
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    L TV-Series kein Import Plugins & Erweiterungen 6
    J [fixed] [MP2-833] 2.2.2 server crash during import Submit: Bug Reports 50
    D Ripped movies not importing unless IMDB code is included in folder name General 4
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    MausWiesel LightsOut-Connector für MP2? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
    fredco [solved] Large import not working Moving Pictures 15
    M [solved] MP2 Not discovering all movies Newcomers Forum 2
    J [fixed] [MP2-821] Importer glitches in 2.2 Submit: Bug Reports 42
    Golf4 [solved] Bei Import und grabben der Medieninhalte - Client ausschalten? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    cbr954rr Possibillity to export and import all client settings? General 0