Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Community!

Is it possible to import Backdrops already stored on HD, like the Cover Importer?

Best Regards
    Helios

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It auto grabs backdrops from this folder: c:\docs&settings\all users\application data\team mp\mediaportal\thumbs\moving pictures\backdrops\fullsize\"IMDBNUMBER".jpg

It supports .jpg/.png/.bmp, and they have to be named with tt123456 (the movies imdb ID).

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Darre!

I know that, but i isn't there an option like for DVD-Covers to set another path to the Backdrop?

Best Regards
    Helios

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In advanced settings you can configure the path in which backdrops are stored (and pulled from for the local scanner, like what Darre was describing). You can only have one path set here though.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Darre, hello John!

It auto grabs backdrops from this folder: c:\docs&settings\all users\application data\team mp\mediaportal\thumbs\moving pictures\backdrops\fullsize\"IMDBNUMBER".jpg

It supports .jpg/.png/.bmp, and they have to be named with tt123456 (the movies imdb ID).

But whats about DVDs or movies, they aren't listed in IMDB or other Databases? I have a lot of DVDs here, they are not listed (or i don't find them)! Most of them are classical Music, like this one:

Best Regards
    Helios

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Open up your Mov Pic config, select your movie in the DB, and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see something like "path to backdrop", in there you can specify any .jpg/.bmp/.png you want. I used this method to get backdrops for any custom movies I had. I think you can grab pictures from anywhere you want, even "c:\yourimage.jpg", but I like to put them all in the standard moving pictures backdrop folder.

Good luck =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select another. Moving Pictures scales down the high res pictures and shrinks the filesize as well so I can't just go to fanart or themoviedb and get the images without doing some extra work to get the file right...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures), there's a setting for ignored files you can try to disable. I'm using Mediaportal right now, so can't check exactly how it's worded. Emph
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures)...
    Guys, I could really use some suggestions on this one. I've a large film collection that I've recently transferred over to a new...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom